SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Game of Thrones- I don't ever again want to hear another word about this show
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones- I don't ever again want to hear another word about this show Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
You guys may not want to know that people are naming their babies after GoT characters.

I think Giantsbane is a great child's name.

Grey Worm, not so much.

I wanted to name our baby “Mance Raider”, but the wife shot it down.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
quote:
You guys may not want to know that people are naming their babies after GoT characters.

Grey Worm, not so much.

While I like some of the GOT names, they have nothing on Ragnar Lothbrok

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or traditional Anglo Saxon names like Aethelwulf, Ecgberht...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
During the meanwhile, at a nearby castle...

No one gave a flying vache...

0-0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0-0,

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
quote:

Grey Worm, not so much.

Bjorn Ironside has a nice ring to it.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the show so I guess "Fuck me" Razz .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Yeah i tried watching an episode and didnt make it five minutes in before a changed channels.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
A good bit of advice for you- you don't want me showing up in any GOT threads in this forum. I promise you that. You'll extend the same courtesy to me.

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Yeah i tried watching an episode and didnt make it five minutes in before a changed channels.

I actually liked it up until about two years ago then this happened:

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
When people start talking about it I cut them off with a nice "I don't give a fuck".

If you could say it in the voice of The Hound, that would be awesome, okay?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
A good bit of advice for you- you don't want me showing up in any GOT threads in this forum. I promise you that. You'll extend the same courtesy to me.

It was not my intent to be discourteous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Good idea, terrible cast, awful directing and a squirmy script so full of dumb/artificial twists and head-fakes with little unpredictable storylines. Thank god it’s over (close enough). Poor actors and directors well over their capabilities.

I am stunned… Maybe not, at the number of people that gravitate towards these crappy fantasy, magic worlds with behaviors that are atrocious and lacking values (other than brotherhood). At least JR Tolkien got it mostly right, as did their LOTR movie-makers.

Now, let’s hope the Deadwood movie doesn’t suck as bad.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Pat Sajak tweeted today:

Pat Sajak (‪@patsajak‬)
5/16/19, 11:07 AM

I’m tired of taking grief from my friends because I’ve never seen Game of Thrones. So, starting with the next episode, I’m going to watch regularly until the very end.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I’m sick of hearing about it too. Never seen it. Don’t care. It’s on HBO isn’t it? I don’t have HBO..

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
My wife and daughter love it. I watched a couple episodes with them and never again, yeah really stupid shit. I would rather be forced to watch a full season of Sex and the City.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Basically a send up of the real Wars of the Roses, except in the series not as much violence, blood, sex and death as the real thing. And without dragons, gods and magicians.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were reading the books. Then, at some point, the storyline got too repetitious, convoluted, contrived or whatever for me, and I stopped. I think my wife went one additional book and even she stopped.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I’m sick of hearing about it too. Never seen it. Don’t care. It’s on HBO isn’t it? I don’t have HBO..

Same. Fortunately, my disinterest in ever seeing the show and my disinterest in paying $$ for HBO are a perfect confluence.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never seen it.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think my wife went one additional book and even she stopped.

The last several seasons have nothing in common with the books anyway.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post