Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Panther Login/Join 
posted
Who's going to see it? Early reviews seem unbelievably good... literally.

I'm very interested to know how a country in Africa is the most technologically advanced in the world. Would make sense if it took an infinity stone to get them there.

I'm afraid it's going to be preachy, but I'm curious, how bout you?

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
I'm very interested to know how a country in Africa is the most technologically advanced in the world.

I don't know about the movie, but in the comics, Wakanda houses nearly all of Earth's supply of Vibranium (the rare and incredibly valuable alien metal that was also used to construct Captain America's shield), while at the same time being immensely isolationist and secretive.

They're not only vastly wealthy from strategic sales of small quantities of Vibranium to the outside world, but they've also devoted most of that wealth to education and research, which combined with their access to large quantities of such an advanced raw material has allowed them to secretly develop some of the most advanced technology on Earth.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I’m seeing it on the 16th. It will be last trip to a theater for Marvel or DC SuperHo films.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I’m looking forward to seeing it.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I'll be skipping this garbage for sure.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I'm very interested to know how a country in Africa is the most technologically advanced in the world.

I don't know about the movie, but in the comics, Wakanda houses nearly all of Earth's supply of Vibranium (the rare and incredibly valuable alien metal that was also used to construct Captain America's shield), while at the same time being immensely isolationist and secretive.

They're not only vastly wealthy from strategic sales of small quantities of Vibranium to the outside world, but they've also devoted most of that wealth to education and research, which combined with their access to large quantities of such an advanced raw material has allowed them to secretly develop some of the most advanced technology on Earth.

So nothing like any country in Africa in the last 300 years.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
skipping it, didnt like the trailer

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
It's a no from me.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I’ll wait. Maybe watch it when it hits Netflix.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:

In a franchise including a man created by a gem, an angry green giant, a man surviving because of a light bulb in his chest, a VERY angry blue TITAN off to gather more gems with a big metal glove, alternate dimensions, superpowers, coming back from the dead...

It's the fact that this movie takes place in Africa that's so unbelievable as to ruin the experience?

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll be going on the 16th. My son and I have a bit of a tradition where he skips out of school a few minutes early and we see the 4pm matinee. Personally I’ve tried not to get too nit picky and just enjoy the show.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a franchise including a man created by a gem, an angry green giant, a man surviving because of a light bulb in his chest, a VERY angry blue TITAN off to gather more gems with a big metal glove, alternate dimensions, superpowers, coming back from the dead...

This.. You guys kill me sometimes. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xwesler:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
quote:

It's the fact that this movie takes place in Africa that's so unbelievable as to ruin the experience?

Don't forget the old dude with the beard that seems to show up every where. He has a lot of jobs, package delivery man, mail man, strip club DJ.........................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
That old dude is for sure creepy.
That said, yeah, I think imma go see it opening night. I love the marvel MU, and the cast to me is one who I loved their previous works.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the Black Panther character, especially when he was an Avenger back in 70’s. I hope the movie is good but I doubt that they could resist putting some social justice messaging in.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I actually thought the trailer was pretty impressive. I liked the dynamic and character chemistry that Black Panther brought to Civil War and I expect that the stand alone movie will be enjoyable. I do hope they kept it as apolitical as possible though.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is probably the funniest thing I have read on SF in a long time!! I'm dying!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g8rforester:
quote:

This is probably the funniest thing I have read on SF in a long time!! I'm dying!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

He didn’t even get to Thor, Cap, the Guardians. Hey Africa and I’m the fuck out mang!!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
To be fair, I'm passing on the new Ant Man, as well.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
To be fair, I'm passing on the new Ant Man, as well.

I still haven't seen the first Antman, guardians 1 & 2, the last couple of Spider-Man movies, and maybe a couple more. I like the Captain America and iron man movies best. But I've been disappointed more than once because they way over the top with cgi. Use more of the budget on writing and less on special effects.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post