SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice that Caaaaaaarl shoots his AR right-handed? Even though he doesn't have a right eye.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Did something I rarely do to shows I like and deleted the series record today. I'll probably watch the next premiere and finale since those are the only episodes that seem to matter.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
The DVR recorded a 5 min season 7 recap last night. It managed to capture the good parts of the season...all 5 minutes worth.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Anyone else notice that Caaaaaaarl shoots his AR right-handed? Even though he doesn't have a right eye.

Yep. Although he lost his AR when he snuck into the Saviors' camp and tried to kill Neegan, and has been using a FN FAL in the last few episodes.

Here he is from the season finale, intently sighting down the iron sights of his rifle, using his missing eye. Big Grin

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Ocular memory?

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice the platform switch, thanks for pointing that out. At least it has sights (for all the good that does Caaaaarl), unlike so many that are stripped.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Yeah, it hits about eight feet to the left of of his intended target. Kills that guy pretty good though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Texas Bob C.,

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, it doesn't beat the Governor making a 60+ yard shot on a running soldier with an M4 with no rear sight, or the Steyr AUG scope that is on the side with his eyepatch.

The absolute best way this shit season could have ended is when Negan gives Rick the finger as he drove off Rick draws his Python and blows that finger clean off. That would have redeemed it in my eyes.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
The only thing Negan has going for him as a character on this show is that he's now taken the place of Abraham for making wonderfully phrased statements. Were Abraham still on the show, he'd be a fifth wheel. IMO, the whole Negan story arc is about as interesting as the hunt for Sophie on the farm in the second season.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
IMO, the whole Negan story arc is about as interesting as the hunt for Sophie on the farm in the second season.

Yeah, the Sophie hunt felt like it drug on forever when watching it week-to-week. I will say it wasn't that bad when I went back and binged watched the season later. I don't think even binging can help Season 7, though.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Honestly, after this season, TWD reminds me of the new Battlestar Galactica. By the end of it's run I just wanted it to end so I could be done with it.

At this point I don't think the show can recover.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Negan sums up how I feel about this season and the Alexandria bunch, "Rick, you suck ass."

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Here he is from the season finale, intently sighting down the iron sights of his rifle, using his missing eye. Big Grin

Based on that screencap, he's hugging the rear sight with his cheek, and trying to poke his eye socket with the carry handle. Lol, literally...

Edit to add, mag hold. As a monopod. More LOL Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Season 7 just showed up on Netflix.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
The show is starting to get long-in-the-tooth. Lost me, with all the PC liberal shit! The series never alluded to what started the 'zombie-plague' in the first place. If the guy at the Atlanta CDC told Rick, he never said who was at all responsible. Negan is the perfect Democrat, keeps the bums placated by stuff he purloins from everybody else. Most likely, why his sheep are too-scared to shot-him-down.

"Hey, batter-up!"

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 758 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have to find a political spin on everything? I just thought it was a mindless show fun to watch. I did not know it had a deeper meaning...

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
Do you have to find a political spin on everything? I just thought it was a mindless show fun to watch. I did not know it had a deeper meaning...

Exactly. if you are going in to a Zombie TV show with a political mindset you are just fucked up thinking-wise. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I was just making sure i was not in the wrong Smile ... But what the scientist said to Rick at the CDC had to do with that they were all infected, not how the virus started. The scientist tested all of their blood when they first got there and that is how he found out. Then Rick told everyone at the farm in season 2. That is why people turn when they die even if they were not bitten by a walker.

I hope that clears up your confusion. Smile

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I always thought the outbreak was caused by Walter White's blue meth from Breaking Bad. Or was it something Jessie put in the batches he made to try and kill the white supremacists that had taken him hostage.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eTripper:
The show is starting to get long-in-the-tooth. Lost me, with all the PC liberal shit!

No, the show lost me when it got stupid with the writing, "plot twists" and overall quality. Nothing political. Last season was the last straw, I watched it from the very start (same with my son) and we both are not interested in the new season.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post