SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Those Mad Max looking people just don't make any sense. Why do they talk in that weird primitive English like some alien tribe? They're not some space race that landed on Earth. Presumably they lived in America before the apocalypse and learned English? What's that about?

Maybe Amy Farrah Fowler is in the group...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There arn't as many groups in the middle of Manhattan, as have turned up in this weird little corner of Virginia.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I like the maze that jadis' group has. I'd hate to have a firefight in there.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

After all, it's only been approximately 2 years since the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. So yeah, it's very hard to believe that these folks have all reverted to Pigdin Caveman English in just two years.

Where did you see this? Just curious.

I know it doesn't follow the timeline of the seasons (7) but I thought it would have been at least 4 or 5 years since the onslaught of the zombie apocalypse.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Walking Dead Wiki puts the current episode at approximately Day 635 of the outbreak. (They provide lots of citations supporting their estimation of the timelime.)

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/w...ead_TV_Show_Timeline

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
That seems low to me, but they do a good job of backing it up. Good find

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The Walking Dead Wiki puts the current episode at approximately Day 635 of the outbreak. (They provide lots of citations supporting their estimation of the timelime.)

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/w...ead_TV_Show_Timeline

Awesome! Thank you.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
So is Eugene playing them or is he enjoying the power? Or is it a little of both maybe?

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
So is Eugene playing them or is he enjoying the power? Or is it a little of both maybe?

I say a little both.

Did Dwight lie about the doctor (and about killing his wife) to protect her?

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Yes he did.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Who knew Eugene could carry a whole episode of TWD? An entertaining episode, one of the better ones.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Who knew Eugene could carry a whole episode of TWD? An entertaining episode, one of the better ones.

I disagree (and I may be wrong). This is trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Eugene's character is a supporting role and the series is just treading water by using him to carry an episode. Doing so just highlights how much of a caricature the character is.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

I say a little both.

Eugene is enjoying the power, the fact that he's valued. Negan is telling him what he wants to hear, i.e., you don't have to be scared anymore, just be honest w/me and do what I want and you'll have a good life." That being said, it's unlikely the writers would have Eugene sincerely join Team Negan immediately. Recall, right before Rick's group was captured, it was Eugene who volunteered to be a decoy, or something along those lines, to buy time for the rest of the group to get Maggie to medical attention. Also, IIRC, Eugene and Abraham came to a moment of mutual respect a few episodes before Abraham stood up to Negan till the bitter end. I think it would seem too stereotypical to have the coward nerd "smartypants" sell out right off the bat.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some plot spoilers in this summary:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/e...ickles/#5a8eefd91e4e

Did I miss the plot spoilers?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
quote:

I say a little both.

Eugene is enjoying the power, the fact that he's valued. Negan is telling him what he wants to hear, i.e., you don't have to be scared anymore, just be honest w/me and do what I want and you'll have a good life." That being said, it's unlikely the writers would have Eugene sincerely join Team Negan immediately. Recall, right before Rick's group was captured, it was Eugene who volunteered to be a decoy, or something along those lines, to buy time for the rest of the group to get Maggie to medical attention. Also, IIRC, Eugene and Abraham came to a moment of mutual respect a few episodes before Abraham stood up to Negan till the bitter end. I think it would seem too stereotypical to have the coward nerd "smartypants" sell out right off the bat.

Yes I agree that the Abraham connection will likely keep him strong. I can't imagine him going to the dark side after seeing Abraham die like that. But if you are Eugene, why not enjoy the perks if you are going to be held prisoner I suppose.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Carl has a 1911 now!
Carl has been keeping an eye out for a 1911 for quite some time.

But I think he may have a cross dominance issue...

I get the joke, but I'm cross eye dominant, and it's zero issue.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:

I also think a little bit of both. Fortunately for the plot line, there is enough in Eugene's history to support both. On one hand, there is his connection to the group, specifically Abraham and Rosita. On the other, he has been known to dip into full pathological liar mode and say whatever is needed to survive.

I'm sure it's going to be survive first, enjoy it a little bit, and then flip when the time is right, though.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:
On the other, he has been known to dip into full pathological liar mode and say whatever is needed to survive.

Yep. You could almost physically see the switch flip in his head when he was talking to Neegan the first time, in the front courtyard after getting the pickles. He went from "Eugene" back to his phony "Doctor Eugene" persona in an instant, and started rambling his well-practiced old spiel about his involvement with the Human Genome Project. Just like he did with Abraham et al back in the day.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
McDermitt was pretty funny on TTD.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post