SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
My take is that the message on the wooden soldier was from Dwight and was meant to tell Daryl he "didn't know" the scavengers were going to flip sides on Rick and Co... Just speculating.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I LOL'd when Negan rode out with his middle finger in the air. Big Grin

Yeah, that was perfect.

His character really is the only redeeming part of the show right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
My take is that the message on the wooden soldier was from Dwight and was meant to tell Daryl he "didn't know" the scavengers were going to flip sides on Rick and Co... Just speculating.

After pondering this, I believe you're absolutely correct, stoic. But.....PLOT HOLE.....Dwight could've capped Negan during the fray and I don't think anyone would have been much the wiser and questioned him specifically over it due to the mass confusion and chances of "friendly fire". Annnnnnd.....he could've just run into the woods afterward and then rejoined the Alexandria group. But there I go.....spoiling the show with common sense and logic.
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, that was perfect.

Yup! Saw that and actually LOL'd...best part of the finale! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Yeah, that was perfect.

Okay, I like the actor who plays Negan. I liked him on lawyer show The Good Wife. But every time they do a full body shot of Negan, I can't help but notice the guy doesn't have an ass. For such a bad guy, I think he needs to have some prosthetics in his seat to potray that part better.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So you're telling us you're an ass man. Got it.

Personally I'm a leg man, myself. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I am getting the feeling more and more that it is like a daytime soap opera, 60 minute show, 5 minutes of actual content.

It was a good yarn, but the story telling is getting unfocused.

My take on it now is 10% action, 15% forward-moving dialog, and 75% bullshit. The finale followed this formula to a tee; the Sasha flashbacks, her iPod time in the coffin, the Maggie monolog at the end, etc. was all just inconsequential crap. Even the action was stupid with more than usual ridiculous gunplay. And plot holes left and right.

You're right, the storytelling is so fragmented now. The season basically has not moved the story forward at all. And yes, the series used to be good.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
Did anyone else wonder how Rick kept going after he was shot, almost like nothing happened.
I thought he has been stabbed quite a bit and got mauled pretty good by the trash dump walker previously, but he just brushes it off no problem.

The saying is that Rick wears "plot armor".

As far as plot holes, why didn't they ambush the Saviors where the trees were cut to block the road?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm not the only one noticing the shitty soap opera vibe. The finale had more filler than Taco Bell meat made with rejected meat products from school lunch programs.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Just getting back into this... still watching the December episodes.

This show is milliseconds away from jumping the shark... and that is saying something for this show.

The only saving grace is how well Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing. He plays this role to perfection.... he almost scares ME!!!!

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

My favorite part was a retreating Negan sticking his arm out the truck window to flip the bird as his truck was being pelted by full autos.

IMO, it was indicative of everything wrong with this season. I've pretty much disliked all the episodes since they've introduced the Negan character. He's not so much a character as a caricature. He's about as believable as a villain in an Adam West Batman show. Being so bulletproof just cements that even more.

But the finale was about 5 minutes of action, with 5 minutes of suspense, surrounded by a LOT of useless BS. The entire bit with Sasha going through the flashbacks while listening to headphones was utter crap.

But the people who put the show on claim the BS is "character development". Yet the characters they "develop" always do something totally out of character whenever the plot needs to move. As others have said, Rick totally trusted the Garbage Pail Kids despite how he's been made to be so distrustful of people.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
At the beginning of the season, I'm sure I felt like the writers intended me to feel about Negan and him killing Glen and Abraham. As the season went on, I actually found myself almost rooting for Negan to end this thing. The difference in watching the first kneeling episode and the kneeling part of the finale was pretty big, and not in a good way. It's the damn season finale, with 2 of the main characters about to die, and I'm thinking well...Negan isn't going to do it, but if he does it wouldn't be so bad. A Negan led show would at least make me laugh.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
OK, so guns are in short supply and worth risking one's life to obtain, but apparently EVERYBODY has unlimited ammo in all calibers? And rampaging tigers only eat bad guys? I know it's a comic book show, but damn.

That said, I am looking forward to Maggie gelding Gregory at some point in the future.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I get real tired of the monologuing. It goes on and on. I really cannot explain why I watch anymore. Maybe it is because several the guys have 'Shentel' Which does not subscribe to AMC anymore so they come over and we drink beers (I am into Craft Beers) and that sure helps.

The only redeeming factor of the finale was getting to see Abraham one last time. And Carl starting the gunfight. In my mind he is replacing Glenn as the resident bad ass.
When Negan goes, I hope he turns and then Carl puts a knife in his head.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I'm betting it's going to be Rick will do him in, with the baseball bat. Like he did the guy in terminus, with the machete.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
And Carl starting the gunfight. In my mind he is replacing Glenn as the resident bad ass.
When Negan goes, I hope he turns and then Carl puts a knife in his head.

I did like that Coral was the one who recognized the opportunity and took it. It looked like he had a mini-John Wick moment. I didn't like that Rick seemed to be the ONLY one who didn't find an opportunity to get into the fight.

I'd much rather see Coral take an eye from a still-living Negan, before Rick finished him off.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SecurityGeek:
OK, so guns are in short supply and worth risking one's life to obtain, but apparently EVERYBODY has unlimited ammo in all calibers? And rampaging tigers only eat bad guys? I know it's a comic book show, but damn.

Yeah, and while each faction were facing each other, literally 30-50 feet away from each other, full auto long guns, and not hitting a thing (except for Carl). Same with the departure of Negan; a dozen guys with full auto rifles and not doing a thing to Negan's vehicle.

As I posted earlier, the gun play was just horrible, more fantasy than the tiger attacking only bad guys.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

I did like that Coral was the one who recognized the opportunity and took it. It looked like he had a mini-John Wick moment.

That was the first thing I thought of too. I'm not sure either why Rick just stood there.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
You can now binge watch season 7 on their website, beginning to end.

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-w...ign=the-walking-dead

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Considering the whole season, I thought this was a great finale.

I didn't mind the Sasha scenes. I mean, c'mon, she was a pretty main character and now she is gone. They just wanted to give her a little tribute. I'll give them that.

As far as who kills who when they wrap this all up, here is my take. Darryl is responsible for Dwight still being alive (plus their past history) so he will have that honor. As far as who eventually kills off Negan...it's got to be Rick. He has made that promise too many times.

It sure looked like Michonne was getting her butt kicked by that blonde garbage gal. Wonder how that got turned around? Maybe they will tell us later in a flashback.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post