SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
WOW....several days have passed and no comments about Sunday's episode. Guess this show is really tanking in our group. Eek

Nah, not for me. I'm still watching and interested in the show. Just didn't fell any need to comment.

Same here. I did check after the show whether the thread was updated.

In the Talking Dead show, they made a big deal of Morgan's acting ability and I suppose I can agree with that. Looking back on the scenes, he did effectively convey the angst he was going through and the PTSD.

It was just strange that all they had to load was 12 melons. I suppose that was to make it easier to count.

I like the part of the story where the king's guy was willing to sacrifice himeself just to start something. It's more than just a single layer of character; a bit more complex.

In the end, he did indeed sacrifice himself to start something--and starting it in a way that gives the Kingdom a superior position of surprise.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This episode is as bad as the last couple for me. I've never really complained about the show just taken it for what it is. Rosita is beyond annoying and Sasha isn't far behind. Everyone seems to have the same amazing idea "I know, we should kill Megan" Probably what nags on me the most is that the show is so spread out that you only see some characters in 1/4 of the episodes. I still watch but now need to make sure I have a phone or iPad handy.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Time to introduce a tranny character.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
How about a lame, blind in one eye, over age 65, albino character?

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
quote:
How about a lame, blind in one eye, over age 65, albino character?

Nah, that wouldnt.be pushing an agenda

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Watching it now...really hope rosita dies soon. Like sometime in this episode hopefully.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The scene with Rosita and Sasha having a kumbaya moment was excruciating. It felt like it lasted three hours. Christ, the last three episodes have been a bummer.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
So Eugene Roll Eyes

What a jerk!

Kinda wish it had been Rosita instead of Sasha going into to fire.

Two more episodes. Hope they are action packed. It's time for some arse kickin!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yep, three stinkers in a row with no guarantee more won't follow. This half season had to go this way. Too many players and too many camps, each with their own little issues to resolve before consolidation can come about. When something worthwhile finally happens, well, then wait for next season... Roll Eyes

Not sold that Eugene has turned. I think Abraham was the only person he feels indebted to and there's some payback due. Just spitballing here.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

Not sold that Eugene has turned. I think Abraham was the only person he feels indebted to and there's some payback due. Just spitballing here.

Would have been much cooler if instead of turning back into instant pussy, he had just looked at them and in his new badass-mode, said something along the lines of "I'm not done here yet" and walked back inside. But that would have been too obvious, not cliff-hangy.

Yes, these last episodes have been mostly lame. Hopefully they'll fix that, in a big way. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've never complained about the show but WTF?

I don't get how Rosita and Sasha decide to kill Negan and then change their mind to let's free Eugene.

And hasn't that "Let's both go in now I'm locking you out so only I get to go to danger and get myself killed" scenario been done before on the walking dead? At least, it's been overdone for me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I too, am not convinced Eugene has turned. I'm hoping he turns the Savior's fortress into an elaborate death trap.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So we have tall buildings that overlook the savior compound and yet they leave it unsecured? And let's just have 2 characters on overwatch wondering if Negan will show himself but they sit down, not keeping watch or security, and just talk things out?

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
I too, am not convinced Eugene has turned. I'm hoping he turns the Savior's fortress into an elaborate death trap.

Well with the BS he's been telling them all (including Negan), It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what he's doing.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Jesus is gay?
Not that there's anything wrong with that... Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't give them any ideas. They already dropped a Muslim in there....you know, for diversity....

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
So we have tall buildings that overlook the savior compound and yet they leave it unsecured? And let's just have 2 characters on overwatch wondering if Negan will show himself but they sit down, not keeping watch or security, and just talk things out?

That jumped out at me big time. Those two make piss poor snipers. Negan could've walked in and out of there 20 times before either noticed. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Augen:
...And let's just have 2 characters on overwatch wondering if Negan will show himself but they sit down, not keeping watch or security, and just talk things out?

Bob Lee Swagger would be VERY unhappy with those two.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

Don't give them any ideas. They already dropped a Muslim in there....you know, for diversity....

That's it! That's what tv reminds me of now! The mandatory diversity training videos that we must watch in corporate America these days!

Beth Greene

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

They can't help but push the agenda.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post