SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:

...So, I guess we know where Morgan went with the food and the "boots" from before. Hopefully, it was part of a deal to sign them up for the big fight...

I think you mean Father Gabriel, not Morgan, but how did he become aware of this group? I do not recall him ever leaving Alexandria by himself.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by ravens1775:

...So, I guess we know where Morgan went with the food and the "boots" from before. Hopefully, it was part of a deal to sign them up for the big fight...

I think you mean Father Gabriel, not Morgan, but how did he become aware of this group? I do not recall him ever leaving Alexandria by himself.

Ah, yes. Thanks. I got my flip-flopping pacifists confused for a sec!

I don't think he left either, but I assume he must have spoken with the "boots" person near the gate. At the end of the episode where "boots" was seen at the boat site, "boots" was also seen getting down from a tree outside of Alexandria IIRC. I assume that was the same figure that appeared in the back seat of the car that Father G drove away in this episode.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
Is this group of women different from the one Tara ran into?

I could've sworn I saw men as well in that group at the end where Rick smiled.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
Is this group of women different from the one Tara ran into?

I could've sworn I saw men as well in that group at the end where Rick smiled.

Same here. It can't be the same group as Tara met, they're nowhere near the ocean.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Not really fair of that reviewer to call the writers out on the tiger. The tiger was in the comics, so that's on Kirkman.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smokey and the bandit tribute - yes!!

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Alas, poor Winslow, I knew him well.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Very strange people, the heapsters are!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Is the entire cast of this freakin' show British or what? Blimey.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Is the entire cast of this freakin' show British or what? Blimey.

Saw this on reddit:
"Is easier to teach British people to adobt a Southern accent than it is to teach southerners how to act. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Very strange people, the heapsters are!

Yeah. I don't understand the future-apocalyptic-Mad Max-Waterworld look and speak of the group. We're still in single digit years of the zombie apocalypse, and they apparently decided that "top of big pile of trash" needs to be called the "the up-up".

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with the rev's story to Rick about someone stealing the food?? All I remember is the rev tossing cans into containers and driving off.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's with the rev's story to Rick about someone stealing the food?? All I remember is the rev tossing cans into containers and driving off.

Someone could be seen inside the car with him.

They did a poor job of just having him blurt that out at the last minute to explain those brief scenes we watched a week ago. Maybe there were signs someone was holding a gun on him as he gathered the food, but I don't think it was obvious at the time.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

It wasn't very well explained, but it appears that Reverend Gabriel stumbled upon one of the Heapsters in Alexandria's pantry, after they had snuck in and were hoping to steal some food. The Heapster apparently ambushed Gabriel, held him at gunpoint(?), then made him load up the food and drive them both off.

That's why there was the big unexplained crash before Gabriel was shown loading the food in boxes, and why there was a second person seen in the back seat of the car as it was driving off.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Winslow was freaking AWESOME!!!!!! Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure Rick should be dead from infection or tetanus by now.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Pretty sure Rick should be dead from infection or tetanus by now.

The show rarely explicitly indicates the type and quantity of supplies the survivors have. However, Alexandria has an infirmary and it's been stocked in the past. Presumptively, they have access to antibiotics to treat anything but a toxic zombie bite.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Those Mad Max looking people just don't make any sense. Why do they talk in that weird primitive English like some alien tribe? They're not some space race that landed on Earth. Presumably they lived in America before the apocalypse and learned English? What's that about?

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Huffing all those trash fumes must have caused brain damage.

(Or perhaps it's the writers who have brain damage...)

After all, it's only been approximately 2 years since the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. So yeah, it's very hard to believe that these folks have all reverted to Pigdin Caveman English in just two years.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Those Mad Max looking people just don't make any sense. Why do they talk in that weird primitive English like some alien tribe? They're not some space race that landed on Earth. Presumably they lived in America before the apocalypse and learned English? What's that about?

In the talking dead show, the leader Jadis did make a point that her group has their own way of speaking. But she doesn't explain why.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post