SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Did anyone else wonder how Rick kept going after he was shot, almost like nothing happened.
I thought he has been stabbed quite a bit and got mauled pretty good by the trash dump walker previously, but he just brushes it off no problem.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Was but a mere flesh wound Wink

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Why does Trash-gal speak like Yoda?

Luv the comic relief at:

"Your man - I lay with OK?"
As Rick & Machonne just back pedal and ummm---ok---we have stuff to do!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
All I have to say is, "La jiggy jar jar doo...dur dur dur dee dur".

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
All I have to say is, "La jiggy jar jar doo...dur dur dur dee dur".

(Carl Papa)

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I will say the traitorous act of the garbage pail kids was quite a surprise. Since I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt the star character, aka Rick Grimes, won't be killed off anytime soon, I'd say he's gonna render a pretty decent judgement day to someone!

I don't read the GN's, so I have no clue who survives and who doesn't. Cry HAVOC!!!! And let slip the dogs of war!!!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd venture the thought that Obama is more fit than Rick to be the "leader" of the group. His judgement and decisions this season are atrocious. They have never been sterling.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Saw the Sasha twist coming from a mile away.

Could have done without the repeated and drawn-out Abraham hallucination/flashbacks.

And what was with Garbage Leader Lady's horrendously fake Sig? That's got to be the worst fake gun I've ever seen. I had more realistic squirt guns as a kid.

Richard Dean Morgan's scenery-chewing performance as Neegan has been this season's sole redeeming quality.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
"Your man - I lay with OK?"
As Rick & Machonne just back pedal and ummm---ok---we have stuff to do!

That could have been Rick's new deal/counter offer when she had him at gunpoint on the wall.

Rick: "I'll give you 10 minutes"
Trash Lady: "12"
Rick: "8 and I keep the weird guy's umbrella".

The trash people are the worst characters to date. The double cross cemented it

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
A crappy finale to a crappy season.

My feeling also. Disappointing season finale, basically a Cliff Notes of what was wrong with the whole seventh season. Jeffery Dean Morgan was the only bright spot, he literally steals every single scene he is in, but still not enough. Scott Gimple has basically run out of steam, the series has become a cliche.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I'd venture the thought that Obama is more fit than Rick to be the "leader" of the group. His judgement and decisions this season are atrocious. They have never been sterling.

Jesus Christ... Really? Obama?

I enjoyed the finale though it could've been much better. I just hope that next season can take off and keep going with it, cause the finale was the only thing I enjoyed about this season.

And now we have a real war. Awesome. The lines are drawn. I hope Rick pulls out his Sun Tzu and heeds it.

And I must say, I'm glad to see the tiger getting properly fed...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimmejr
posted Hide Post
I also think the garbage people are cannibals.

-------------------------

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posts: 1506 | Registered: December 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did they ever say why deal the trash people made with the saviors was better?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
I can't bring myself to watch the season finale. Just can't do it.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
Did they ever say why deal the trash people made with the saviors was better?

If they did I missed it. I agree with gimmejr though, they were bartering for people so I presume they're cannibals.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
What was with the solider that Darryl found?

That was a note from Dwight.

I don't think I understand the note. Was it for a past sin by Dwight? I thought the soldier was in the cell where Dwight was held, which means the message seemingly couldn't be about the Garbage Pail Kids betraying Rick & Co. I must have missed something.

By no means as great finale, but it least it had the twist of betrayal. My favorite part was a retreating Negan sticking his arm out the truck window to flip the bird as his truck was being pelted by full autos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I don't think I understand the note. Was it for a past sin by Dwight? I thought the soldier was in the cell where Dwight was held, which means the message seemingly couldn't be about the Garbage Pail Kids betraying Rick & Co. I must have missed something.

I had to rewind it. I thought it was the jail cell too. It was actually the front gate. I took it to mean that Dwight wrote it and placed it on the way out when everything was going down.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

Jesus Christ... Really? Obama?

I enjoyed the finale though it could've been much better. I just hope that next season can take off and keep going with it, cause the finale was the only thing I enjoyed about this season.

And now we have a real war. Awesome. The lines are drawn. I hope Rick pulls out his Sun Tzu and heeds it.

And I must say, I'm glad to see the tiger getting properly fed...

I was just trying to pick a name that would tweak everyone Smile The only thing I'd use Obama for is tiger food.
And on Talking Dead, Gimple promised that next season would be even bigger and badder, or some such. It needs to be smaller, not bigger. Too much sprawl.
The only reason that I can see for the existence of the Heapsters is for the treachery they pulled. Apparently that was some twist the showrunners had to incorporate and they didn't want to taint the other groups. And who the fuck are they? I guess a whole tribe of retards could evolve after 50-60 years, but not 3-4.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Yeah Daryl climbed up and over only to find they had already fled. He then unlocks the gate from the outside and thats where he finds the little statue from Dwight.

I am getting the feeling more and more that it is like a daytime soap opera, 60 minute show, 5 minutes of actual content.

It was a good yarn, but the story telling is getting unfocused.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I LOL'd when Negan rode out with his middle finger in the air. Big Grin

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post