SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Walking Dead returns on Sunday, Feb 12 Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ugh...I really just have not enjoyed the last four episodes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Used explosions to scare the other group. They didn't figure that would attract walkers?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Used explosions to scare the other group. They didn't figure that would attract walkers?

And to de-escalate the situation, they fire full auto AK/AR and I think I even saw Carl cranking rounds off with an FAL. That won't continue to attract them either.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I even saw Carl cranking rounds off with an FAL.

Shooting right handed also when his right eye is missing. How's that for cross eye dominant?

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And to de-escalate the situation, they fire full auto AK/AR and I think I even saw Carl cranking rounds off with an FAL. That won't continue to attract them either.

And why are they firing full auto when selectively picking off individual walkers? Or are we to assume their rifles were modified and only fire full auto?

Well whatever. The last four episodes have been about 80% filler with crap dialogue and a lot of mindless visuals.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

And why are they firing full auto when selectively picking off individual walkers? Or are we to assume their rifles were modified and only fire full auto?

Well whatever. The last four episodes have been about 80% filler with crap dialogue and a lot of mindless visuals.

That's what I was thinking as well. Seems a waste of ammunition to fire even bursts, when at that range, it shouldn't be hard to pick them off semi-auto.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Ugh...I really just have not enjoyed the last four episodes.

The whole "unite the clans" thing just isn't working. Too many moving parts, and the characters I like are too spread out. Feels like the writers are trying to get too cute. I don't know why they added the Oceanside and Trash people. The comics worked just fine with Alexandria, Saviors, Kingdom and Hilltop.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It does really feel like the writers are just serving up filler, stretching half of a season out forever. Just put the little graphic "Six months later....." on the screen and get on with it. The slow pace just exposes more inconsistencies and idiot moments and events, that you don't notice when it's more action-packed. I mean, watching Mullethead noogie around with Negan's wives is about as lame as it gets.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
The slow pace just exposes more inconsistencies and idiot moments and events, that you don't notice when it's more action-packed.

This is a good observation. Now, I know it can't be all action, all tension, all the time, but this season has been a huge letdown. IMO they had several good episodes while in Alexandria, but it's been one turd after another ever since Negan showed up.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The woods around Oceanside were clear of walkers and Rick knew that from what Tara reported. The walkers came from the cargo ship crew that drifted ashore. It was a calculated risk, but not a huge one based on what they knew about the area. The auto fire annoyed me as well, waste of ammo (that is scarce already).

As far as the slow pace, no single group can defeat the Saviors...the numbers just aren't there. It would take months to put something like this together and coordinate everything, plus they have to re-arm from scratch. What we don't know is the size of the Saviors (how many fighters they can field). That would dictate how big a force is needed to defeat them based on the tactics chosen.

I'd obstacle the crap out of Alexandria, coordinate the battle and when ready, tell the Saviors to F-off the next time they show up. They'll send a runner to go crying back to Neegan. He'll show up en-mass. Open up on them, make them start to deploy (hindered by the obstacles). Once they are fully committed, another group opens up from a dug-in support by fire position on the flank and yet another group assaults through the objective.

Bye bye Saviors...oh, you didn't bring a breaching element and indirect fire support? Too bad, 'cause that's what it would have taken.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'd say we all must think alike. It, too, annoyed me immediately that they were firing full auto and bursts at the walkers. Jeezus.....ammunition is worth MORE than gold right now. Put that bitch on single and employ the "one shot, one kill" mentality. Damn, this show is about the irk the ever-living crap outta me!!! Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ They had the numbers to just knife/blunt force all of those walkers anyway. The director was just trying to make it seem dramatic, like Rick's group is a bunch of SEALS or something, so the inhabitants of Lesbos would be impressed and willingly hand over their guns.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
So much wrong with this season -- how could Maggie take that long going hand to hand with a walker before saving Gregory's bacon? -- but I'll give the show this, the beach walkers were the best to date. As the walkers age they deteriorate further and these critters were new levels of disgusting, well done. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
...but you won't hear terms like "beach ball sized lady nuts" and "rapey Davey" on PBS dramas.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
...but you won't hear terms like "beach ball sized lady nuts" and "rapey Davey" on PBS dramas.

seriously, that almost redeemed the show. it is really hard to dislike Negan with that actor portraying him.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I will not be reading this thread. Just started season 1 episode 1 the other day on Netflix. Smile

Liking it so far

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I will not be reading this thread. Just started season 1 episode 1 the other day on Netflix. Smile

Liking it so far

Don't worry. You have about 5+ seasons of enjoyable TV before you get as jaded as this crew

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just finished the last 4 episodes that we DVR'd.

Dreadful stuff, made us pine for the slow 2nd season at the farm. I would literally fast forward thru the slow filler scenes, which was actually the majority of the time. Even my wife was annoyed by the girl power of these episodes, it was so damn obvious.

The only saving grace of this season is Negan, great lines and wonderfully acted. But it's like sifting thru an hour of bad music to find a couple of great guitar solos. Frustrating viewing, to say the least. TV should not be that.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
As we prep for what will hopefully be a redeeming season finale, here is a video my son and I found while watching other Bad Lip Reading videos. It's actually more entering than season 7.

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I sat this season out, but know the general story from the comics. Doesn't sound like I am really missing much.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post