SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP William Goldman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP William Goldman Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted
Will be watching the Princess Bride tonight in his honor.
Chick movie? ...Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Ugh, now I have to decide who to honor this week: watch APB or some Marvel movie. Decisions . . .

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Goldman.

In two great books and movies he gave us two vastly different phrases that echo with us to this day:

Princess Bride....."As you wish."

Marathon Man........."Is it safe?"

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it is blasphemy but I cannot recall ever seeing the Princess Bride from beginning to end.

It is one of my girlfriends favorite movies.

Two of my favorites of his is "The Ghost and the Darkness and "A Bridge Too Far". I was watching both of these the other night at work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Terrific screenwriter. His list of credits is astounding (too many to list; try wikipedia). RIP and thanks for the memories.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Inconceivable...

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
RIP to a great guy.

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post