SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Is there an Artist, band, group, etc. in a genre that you enjoy, that everyone else seems to love but you hate??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there an Artist, band, group, etc. in a genre that you enjoy, that everyone else seems to love but you hate?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Nine Inch Nails and Weezer.
Not a single song by either one of these folks I can stand. I flat change the song if they ever come on.
Yet, most folks seem to love them.

How about you?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love Weezer, one of my favs

Can't stand Dave Matthews. Every song sounds the same to me.

I feel the same about the Rolling Stones, never really cared for them.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
There's a whole list, but I'll start with:

The Cure
U2
Led Zepplin
John Mellencamp

on the other hand, in High school I hated Pink Floyd, but now I like them, so tastes change.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rush and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Can't reach the button to switch stations fast enough.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I love Weezer, one of my favs

Can't stand Dave Matthews. Every song sounds the same to me.

I feel the same about the Rolling Stones, never really cared for them.

I’m with you on DMB and I’ll add AC/DC.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Rush, hate them with a passion. The music is amazing but Lee’s vocals make me want to stab myself in the ears with a screwdriver.

Posts: 13741 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Led Zeppelin.

Seriously.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Mostly music that did not connect with some period in my life.

A lot of late 60s, early 70's music, particularly the folksy stuff. Later disco type music, Beegees, etc.

The Beatles have always been just ok to me.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Oasis

Heart

Rush

Springsteen

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
Some big names that I can't stand

Tom Petty
Bruce Springsteen
Guns and Roses
U2

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
The Eagles
Queen
Aerosmith
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Sha Na Na
Olivia Newton John

Not enough room to list all those in the country genre.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Led Zeppelin.

Seriously.

Really? Or do you just have fatigue over the 5 standard songs get played to death on the radio?

I was listening to a Spotify playlist recently and was just thinking how incredibly talented they were with songs like:

Ten Years Gone
Thank You
Tangerine
In My Time of Dying
Out On The Tiles

You NEVER hear them on the radio anymore. Ever.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
NIN
Tool
Springsteen

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Neil Young.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I love hard rock, but for the life of me, I do not get the love for Guns N Roses. To me, their song structures are cliched, lyrics are pedestrian at best, vocals that are more than annoying, and most of all, there is no strut, the music has no swing. In comparison, AC/DC has all of the components I look for in a hard rock band. I like some of the "alternative" rock bands, but not Red Hot Chili Peppers for the same reasons as GnR.

And I can't stand mainstream rockers U2 and Springsteen. Just pure awful, IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Mostly music that did not connect with some period in my life.

A lot of music I listen to was created way before I was born. Sinatra when he was with Capital Records, 50s be bop and cool jazz (Coltrane, Miles Davis, Monk, etc.)

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'd have to think on this as I do not usually think about what I hate.

I do shake my head from the list above and wonder why the hate for: Led Zeppelin, ELP (one of my fav's), Queen, U2, GnR and RUSH???
What's wrong with you? Confused
I understand the yung-ons maybe not liking the era as that is understandable.
I was looking at the Billboard top list recently and I have no clue of any of these guys so if you are young and don't appreciate real rock then it's your loss. Frown

I would say it hard for me to actually hate much of anything.
My music is all Rock or Jazz for the most part but other I will listen to.
One artist I love that is generally not me at all and not from my era is : Frankie Valli > just love his songs but that is my weird exception.
Sort of the reverse of the OP question though.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t truly hate the, but I’d say

Lynard Skynard

Many would say they are the epitome of southern rock, but the Allman Brothers are so much better. If you listen to the bass line in many Skynard songs it’s monotone, and repetitive. The Allmans are so much better musicians.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
About the only one I can think of that is really liked but I don't like are The Avett Brothers. I like a lot of that kid of music (americana, folk, whatever you want to call it) but I don't like the Avetts.

I also don't like DMB but liked btheir first album or two back in the 90's. Almost everything after that I don't like, but I also know a lot of other people who don't like it.

I like jammy/folksy stuff and most of my musical friends are into them but I don't care much for the Grateful Dead. Its weird... I like a lot of their songs but I would just rather hear someone else play them.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Springsteen. He is a local guy, remember seeing him play for $1 all night long literally. I have never seen why he was/is so great.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I can't stomach Rush for sure. The music is fine but the lead singer just ruins it every time he sings.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post