SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Is there an Artist, band, group, etc. in a genre that you enjoy, that everyone else seems to love but you hate??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there an Artist, band, group, etc. in a genre that you enjoy, that everyone else seems to love but you hate?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
Springsteen. He is a local guy, remember seeing him play for $1 all night long literally. I have never seen why he was/is so great.

I heard on the radio the other day, Springsteen singing Rhinestone Cowboy. Talk about a bad decision for a cover song ! All through the song, one's brain desperately kept trying to replace Sprinsteen's voice with Glen Campbell's. It was painful.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
generally speaking,

for every genre I dislike , there is a band or 2 I do that play that style music,

and the reverse is also true,(which is what the thread is about) every genre I do like, I can probably find a band that I cannot stand, and usually someone will wax poetic about how freaking great they are,

Love and Rockets comes to mind,
Erasure is another,

never cared for Springsteen, and always thought the Stones were over rated, (but do like a few songs,, vs a big 0 for springsteen)

and there are lots as someone else posted, that I like an album or 2, and the rest of their work to me is horrible,

Chili Peppers, they should have shot the guy that told them to record under the bridge,, every song since that one got popular has sucked, but the other stuff on that album, and the one before, are awesome,

and yes, Zeppelin and Skynard,, same 4 songs on constant repeat,, add in Hotel Cali for a trifecta,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd

And I loves me some prog rock. But I just can't stomach any of their material.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how we got into the past but I was sure I wouldn't be the first to say 'whatever the hell is popular today'. The Autotune, BS rap beat that most everything popular sounds like, sound like 100% crap to me. Every once in a great while something comes along that I might like.

A great amount of anything new that I like is usually an older artist remaking something older or new songs made in an old style.

No creativity, originality or variety like the 60's & 70's.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Garth Brooks. I'll be just fine if I never hear another one of his songs again.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8527 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
The Eagles

Can you turn the station man? I fucking hate the Eagles! Big Grin

For me it’s REM. Got damn. “Stand in the place..” that damn thing cranks up and I’d rather be shot in the face than listen to it. Hatred is too tame a word.

The Steve Miller Band. I’m a joker, I’m a toker. No you’re a dick and your music is trash. Wooo wooo woooo.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Skynyrd
Zepplin
Dave Matthews
Coldplay

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Springsteen, both his music and the man himself. The Beatles are on that list as well. I never understood the love they received.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The Steve Miller Band. I’m a joker, I’m a toker. No you’re a dick and your music is trash. Wooo wooo woooo.

But but...he speaks of the pompatus of love

Probably all that midnight toking.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The Rolling Stones/Mick Jagger. Never been a fan.

And of course Springsteen.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

But but...he speaks of the pompatus of love

Probably all that midnight toking.

I call all that stuff keg party rock and loathe it all.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12624 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Garth Brooks. I'll be just fine if I never hear another one of his songs again.

I like some of his songs but don't care for him, after seeing a clip of one of his concerts, which he apparently closes out by smashing to pieces two guitars with one of his bandmates. All I can think of is there's a young kid somewhere, dreaming of having his own guitar but can't afford one and these rich assholes are destroying theirs every night. I think John Hyatt even wrote a song about it called "Perfectly Good Guitars".

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
KISS

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a few Beatles songs that I like but overall I just don't care for their music at all. I've never understood why people are so crazy about them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3529 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
You don’t like any Weezer songs?

Say it ain’t so.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
You don’t like any Weezer songs?

Say it ain’t so.

Well played sir Wink.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Bruce Springsteen

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
A couple more that drive me to the 'off' button:

James Taylor

The Eagles

Cripes, I despise their music

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
U2
Zeppelin
Sprinsteen
Oasis
Most hip hop bands

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

I do shake my head from the list above and wonder why the hate for: Led Zeppelin, ELP (one of my fav's), Queen, U2, GnR and RUSH???
What's wrong with you? Confused

Man, I'm right there with you. I just don't get it.

Anyway, the first one to pop into my head was Eminem. I just find his stuff awful, yet so many don't.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post