New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seinfeld Finale Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
do you suppose he owns all the work ,
is he still getting residual $

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I honestly cannot fathom how anyone doesn't appreciate that show. It was and still is (via reruns) the funniest thing on TV. The comedy was genius.

But of course, that's just my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
No soup for you!!

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I don't care if it's your favorite, but if you don't find that show funny then you do not have a sense of humor, objectively speaking. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
do you suppose he owns all the work ,
is he still getting residual $

I believe he and his co-creator, Larry David, had a big payday, when they sold the syndication rights. I think it was $200 million each but don't quote me. Reportedly another early investor, who scored big was Steve Bannon of Breitbart.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Loved the show but HATED the finale. By far the worst show they ever did.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few episodes and each one seemed hilarious but I didn't watch it as a series. I didn't see the finale and don't know the controversy. Got a tl;dr for me?

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I thought the finale was OK. I still watch a lot of Seinfeld and easily one of my favorite shows ever.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I couldn't watch Seinfeld.
The incessant nagging and bickering and high-pitched neurotic NY accents were too grating for me.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
The incessant nagging and bickering and high-pitched neurotic NY accents were too grating for me.

So what do you think is a funny modern TV show?

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I don't have HBO at home, but when I'm out of town I've be3n watching allot of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David was I big part of Sienfeld as I understand.

Curb Your Enthusiasm has very similar humor.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I honestly cannot fathom how anyone doesn't appreciate that show. It was and still is (via reruns) the funniest thing on TV. The comedy was genius.

But of course, that's just my opinion.

I think what they don't get is how tight the writing is. It's so tight that it's transparent. With every episode there was one main theme that doesn't seem like a main theme until they tie it up at the end.

I laughed at the first showings of Seinfeld and would talk to coworkers about it the next day. I laughed at the reruns when it showed on tv. I bought the whole series but I haven't gotten around to it. Just watched a few here and there.

With regards to the last show, it's going to be hard for it to be as good as a regular season show as they had to strung together a parade of previous episodes. I think it was all they could do to tie all the previous episodes as part of a trial and have it conclude by them being in a jail cell.

I think they could have ended with a jury nullification with comments from the jurors saying it was all about nothing which would have been a final self-reference to the show.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
It sucked.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

Hmmm, I guess I'm not a sitcom person.
I thought the first couple seasons of The Office was funny. Arrested Development was good but short-lived.

Of the classics, I liked Three's Company.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't think anything on tv is particularly funny - certainly none of the 'late night' crowd is funny, and most of what passes for comedy these days just makes me cringe

a funny show...lots of them

Laugh In, SOAP, Married with Children...all funny without being crude or just argumentative

today's stuff is brought to you by the same brain-dead bunch from Hollywood and NYC that are so out of touch that they think that a remake of Magnum PI will be just the shot their careers need

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I really really enjoy Seinfeld. Not a day goes by that I can't fit in a one-liner quote from the show into my normal life. Most people don't get the reference, but I don't mind.

The finale, I think, was fine. It felt like another episode, essentially, which I am ok with... and I love how it ends with the 2nd button joke, a throwback to the first episode.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I thought the finale was pretty good. Loved the old characters. Especially Soup Nazi and Jackie Chiles.

I loved the show. I see a lot of criticism about the characters and stuff. But the content was spot on. There's practically a Seinfeld to cover every situation in life. We are constantly finding similar things at work and home life.

I've dated a girl with man hands, one who ate her food strangely. I've had a problem not knowing what project my boss had assigned me. Rental reservations, heck all sorts of stuff. Therefore, the show still makes me laugh even when I'm not watching it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I really really enjoy Seinfeld. Not a day goes by that I can't fit in a one-liner quote from the show into my normal life. Most people don't get the reference, but I don't mind.

The finale, I think, was fine. It felt like another episode, essentially, which I am ok with... and I love how it ends with the 2nd button joke, a throwback to the first episode.

Yada, yada, yada. Smile

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hmmm, I guess I'm not a sitcom person.
I thought the first couple seasons of The Office was funny. Arrested Development was good but short-lived.

Of the classics, I liked Three's Company.

Yeah, I don't find much of modern TV to be funny. Three's Company was decent by my taste but it got to be lot of same old same old. Going older I loved the Honeymooners.