SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Lieutenant, you were given specific orders.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lieutenant, you were given specific orders. Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
I'm just doing my job. You give me that "juris-my-dick-tion" crap... you can cram it up your ass.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"No, Lieutenant, your men are already dead."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Everyone talks about how much they love this movie and dislike its sequels, but out of 186 views, only two people have posted quotes. Interesting.

Or should I say, "Whoa."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
I think we can handle one little girl

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it just popped up on Netflix. I love the trilogy...for reasons that honestly I'm not even sure of.

It's why I bought my Desert Eagle way back when Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Follow the white rabbit

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
This is one of those series where the third one ruined the previous ones significantly for me

At the end of 2, after the nebachudnezzar crashes and Neo kills the hunter robots I thought

Holy shit. It's a matrix inside of a matrix. The machines made another matrix for the people that reject the original one....which is why Neo could do what he could do (since to that point he was a normal dude in the meat world)

It really excited me for the third one. I thought for sure everyone was still plugged in and being manipulated

As it turns out Neo was Jesus, and I had it all wrong. The way three evolved and ended made me really hate two...when before three came out I defended two a lot

Still love the original though

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I also watched this on Netflix streaming since it just popped up. I hadn't seen it in about 15 years. I remember thinking it was goofy fun when I first saw it.

Watching it with modern eyes, I see how hard this movie was trying to be cool. Characters wear leather and glasses while hovering and bullets leave trails for no reason other than to be flashy. It reminded me of the kid strutting into English class with the sunglasses and leather jacket and headphones while chewing gum, and all the students going, "Ooh" and I'm rolling my eyes murmuring, "What a jerk." I admit I do like that neo-noir (no pun intended) cyberpunk atmosphere, and the martial arts sequences that Keanu and Laurence Fishburne trained for months for are impressive.

It's also interesting to see how stable the camera is when it isn't pirouetting around hovering people. Nowadays if they made this film, the camera would be shaking and wobbling and jiggling constantly.

I dislike how Fishburne's Morpheus is so pretentiously cryptic and pompous towards Neo, just because he happens to know what's going on. If Morpheus truly believed that Neo was the Chosen One, then give the guy a break and show him some respect!

Also, it still bugs me that Carrie Anne-Moss has her pick of all those firearms and she shows up for the lobby battle with one measly Uzi pistol that she uses up on one guard, and she has to spend the whole fight flipping and ducking because she has no more weapons. What about her two Berettas from the beginning of the movie? She didn't keep those, even as backup? Keanu brought enough hardware!

I had forgotten how stunning Carrie Anne-Moss looked. That's a pretty lady.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:

"No, Lieutenant, your men are already dead..."

With that almost singsong drawl he had in the movie....
In fact, I almost expected to hear Elron say "Mr. Frodo." in the same voice in Lord of the Rings....Smile

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

posted Hide Post
There is no spoon.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
quote:

quote:

Argh, missed post fail on my part! I blame a long week of getting three kids registered for school. Smile

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I know kung fu".

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post