SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Uh Oh, John Wick 3 is out next May!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uh Oh, John Wick 3 is out next May! Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm all in.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night. Haven't decided if it was better than 2 or not.
Guessing there will be a run on MPX carbines.
Not sure about the 365. Threaded barrel?
Wish I could afford all those STI mags though.

Posts: 1658 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
We just got home from seeing it. I haven't seen the first two. Girlfriend has seen all three and she loved this one too.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Great flick! Better than 2 - go see it!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The producers have hacked my internet history.

Just this past week I've googled karambits, wakazashi swords, and autoloading shotguns.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot more cutting and hacking in 3 !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully going to see it this weekend.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday. Pretty good. Halle just gets better looking with age. It'll be interesting to see if this causes a surge in 9mm Major.

But a TT STI 2011 Combat Master for $4000? Nope.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Saw it on Thursday.

IMHO, it is better than 2, but not quite as good as the first. Still, a very entertaining movie.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
So I liked it ....BUT..

It was 100 percent on the throttle. There isn't any character development, there is no drama. It is just action, followed by action with a few corny lines and jokes.

However, it is great action.

I don't see how the movie would make any sense if you haven't watched the first two, because it starts and ends without any explanation. You absolutely can not understand a thing if you haven't seen the previous movie.

Also, it clearly ends with the understanding that more are to come, as nothing is truly resolved.

It's like eating a 5 course meal and starting at the second course and ending at the 3rd.

Still, the action scenes are fantastic, which is 90 Percent of the movie.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
it clearly ends with the understanding that more are to come, as nothing is truly resolved.

I can't disagree with your analysis -- and I can't help but wonder where Winston's interests lie at the end of the movie -- but... How long 'til JW4?! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it. I like it quite a bit though I'm not sure about ranking. I love 1 and it's way above 2-3. I think my concern is that the world is getting too big. I kinda liked the idea of a world within our world and it's starting to feel a bit like an alternate reality.

None the less a very good and well done movie I enjoyed.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mo4040:
Saw it on Thursday.

IMHO, it is better than 2, but not quite as good as the first. Still, a very entertaining movie.

I'm with you on this.

Had some more hand to hand in this one. Iron Chef... Big Grin

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1048 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I need to see this movie a second time in the theater, though I might bring ear plugs. The gun shots are extremely loud. I loved that they continued to use long, wide shots for most of the action sequences. Also loved the tactical attack dogs.

“He shot my dog.”
“I get it.”

Will reserve my gripe for when spoilers are discussed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Saw it yesterday.

Brilliant.

Way better than JW 1 and JW 2.

Anjelica Huston was outstanding.
Halle Berry was delectable.
Charon earned an ITCOB pin with palm fronds, crossed swords, and diamonds.
Asia Kate Dillon is in danger of being typecast.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31419 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was good, but some of the backstory was getting a bit hokey. Don't want to say too much and give away any spoilers

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Asia Kate Dillon is in danger of being typecast.

Hard not to typecast them when they are a non-binary actor.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Definitely an action packed movie. Thought it was better than 2, but not quite as good as 1 (hard for a 3rd episode to be as good as the unique at the time first episode).

The action in the knife museum was as cool.

Every guy in the theater was wincing watching Halle Berry's dog's preferred attack location.

Best shotgun action yet.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite parts was the new Bush song "Bullet Holes" that was released in this movie. It was played during the credits. We were listening to Bush on the way to the movies. When I heard it playing, I knew and had to stay all the way to the end of the credits for the music credits.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Random film viewing observation -

When I saw it opening night it was at an AMC with 3D Dolby Sound. What an experience! The seat would literally rumble during explosions and when he switched to the armor piercing shotgun shells the ‘bangs’ sounded like they were happening right next me. There were times I felt like I was ‘in’ the movie.

When I saw it again, it was at an AMC, but not the same sound experience. It was ‘loud’, but I did not feel part of the movie like I did with the Dolby sound. Something I really need to take into consideration then next time I go see a flick....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post