SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Uh Oh, John Wick 3 is out next May!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uh Oh, John Wick 3 is out next May! Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I anxiously await this release.

I watch 1 and 2 whenever I can.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I agree patw, it’s a guilty pleasure, and Keanu is a solid guy. I’m looking forward to it, bring it on!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
From a GQ article

Abruptly he begins telling a beautiful story about Anthony Quinn.

One morning they were standing together in a vineyard, Keanu and Anthony Quinn. They were shooting Alfonso Arau's A Walk in the Clouds. Reeves plays a traumatized World War II vet who falls for a pregnant woman. Quinn plays the patriarch of her rich, uptight Mexican-American family.

ADVERTISEMENT
The day before, Reeves sat for lunch with Quinn. Anthony Quinn would turn 80 the year A Walk in the Clouds came out. He would live only six more years after that. But in 1995, what struck Keanu Reeves about him was that he was always on the phone. Checking in with the Anthony Quinn team. Seeing if he'd booked this or that.

“Still hustling,” says Reeves, still marveling. “I was like, Whoa.”

(Yes, Keanu Reeves said, “Whoa.” Yes, it was weird.)

So the next morning comes, and they're in the vineyard.

“It was early in the morning and there was mist over the vineyard,” Reeves says. “We had to do this long shot. It's just he and I, walking down the vineyard.”

“Anthony?”

(Said Keanu Reeves.)

“Yes, Keanu?”

(Said Anthony Quinn.)

“Is it always going to be like this?”

“Yes,” said Anthony Quinn.

Reeves laughs.

“There's this idea that, like, at some point you're going to be set,” Reeves says. “And then maybe there won't be so much working on working. It just struck me that this gentleman, this legend, at 80…”

Still out there selling it. Trying to get parts.

“Yeah,” Reeves says. “Anthony Quinn.”

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never watched either of the first two John Wick flicks until they came through on cable this spring. I won’t see the new one at the theater, but I will try to see it when it makes Netflix or prime, regular tv. As Rolan says it’s enjoyable-a guilty pleasure....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
We have tickets for 1930 tomorrow (16MAY19)! In the theater with recliners none the less!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
3 is supposed to be great.

I stated to watch 2 but lost interest pretty quickly. It seemed to be lacking, compared to 1.

However, 3 reportedly picks up the story on the same night that 2 ends, so I'm going to make a point to watch 2 right before 3.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I might be one of the few shooters/gun guys that really doesn't care for the John Wick movies. I have watched 1 & 2, they were o.k. but not anything great, my opinion of course.

I get the fact that a lot of gun guys & gals like that Reeves has done some firearms training (so have a lot of other actors over the years)but still these movies have me scratching my head as to why they are so popular in the gun culture.

And its not that I don't like Reeves, I have liked him in several other movies over the years Point Break, Speed, Street Kings.

Oh well, I'll catch JW3 some time in the future...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Saw an early preview tonight....WOW.

Loved it....not the ending I was expecting. Avoid spoilers if you can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I might be one of the few shooters/gun guys that really doesn't care for the John Wick movies. I have watched 1 & 2, they were o.k. but not anything great, my opinion of course.

I get the fact that a lot of gun guys & gals like that Reeves has done some firearms training (so have a lot of other actors over the years)but still these movies have me scratching my head as to why they are so popular in the gun culture.

And its not that I don't like Reeves, I have liked him in several other movies over the years Point Break, Speed, Street Kings.

Oh well, I'll catch JW3 some time in the future...

Honestly because most of the stuff that comes these days (hollyweird action films) is lame. And because grown men in tights is all the rage to far too many. So JW is like a decent steak. Definitely not one of the best you ever had. Instead it’s like the only decent steak in town, the rest of the restaurants are trash. So in comparison it’s prime eating, no pun intended.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Watched it, better than JW2, interesting ending.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Reviews are very good.
https://youtu.be/ovo03F9mxqU

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I love the Wick movies, very excited for 3.

I wont say its a guilty pleasure, I don't feel guilty about it at all. They are entertaining as hell!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
<snip> I get the fact that a lot of gun guys & gals like that Reeves has done some firearms training (so have a lot of other actors over the years)but still these movies have me scratching my head as to why they are so popular in the gun culture. <snip>

With all respect to your statement, Reeves has done significantly more than “some firearms training”....he has set the bar for what it means to do firearms training for a role.

This ‘3 gun’ in pretty freaking good....especially manual reload on the shotgun at the end. Plenty of vids like these on YouTube.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow, in honor of John Wick Day, I have several buddies coming over at 11:00. We have a new M1A, a 44 mag pistol, and a new 300 bolt gun to break in along with a couple of new suppressors. We will shoot for a couple of hours, head to a late lunch, and then settle in at 3:00 pm to watch the movie.

I just decided to look up the firearms used in the film and see how many we can replicate

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

With all respect to your statement, Reeves has done significantly more than “some firearms training”....he has set the bar for what it means to do firearms training for a role.

This ‘3 gun’ in pretty freaking good....especially manual reload on the shotgun at the end. Plenty of vids like these on YouTube.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tpr8oqyjKIc" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Did you see his targets?
I can also shoot that fast and hit those reloads when all I'm concentrating on is looking good and not caring about my hits.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you see his targets?
I can also shoot that fast and hit those reloads when all I'm concentrating on is looking good and not caring about my hits.

You are likely right....I'm sure they just added those 'clanging' sounds to make him look better too. Roll Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Did you see his targets?

You are likely right....I'm sure they just added those 'clanging' sounds to make him look better too. Roll Eyes

It's challenging to hit those steel targets that are 10 feet away I suppose. Were you on the set or something? You seem like you are a bit personally invested on Keanu's skills. Man crush perhaps? Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
It was awesome. I can't believe my wife fell asleep tho! About half way through I looked over and she was sound asleep on her side (Regal Recliner Theater)! When 4 comes out I'm still buying 2 tickets, I'm just going to see it twice!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'll admit now that '2' had me a little down....I was concerned that '1' was a flash in the pan. Guys....'3' is better than `1`, at least that is how I am feeling right now!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just got back. Yes. Much better than 2.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post