SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Uh Oh, John Wick 3 is out next May!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uh Oh, John Wick 3 is out next May! Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
what acting were you looking for?

It's John Wick... They killed his dog so he shoots people in the face for 90 minutes. This isn't a deep nuanced role or mystery thriller. Kind of like seeing Downton Abby and wondering where the action and chase scenes are.

He kills people. With pencils. And books. And horses. Repeat.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

You really have to wonder about people watching Wick 1, 2, 3, Die Hard 1,2,3,4, and expecting some kind of level 5 conversion of the story line. Did they all watch The Bridges of Madison County and wonder if Eastwood was going to "make someones day" and pull out his 44....

It's wick fer christsakes, he wears black suits, and killifies everything, occasionally says "yeah", "be seeing you", "I'm Back", "Winston", "I need a gun"...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm bumping this thread. Reluctantly.

Like ensigmatic, above, JW3 was offered on a flight recently, so I plugged in. The good news is that the flight was over very quickly. The bad news is that the movie wasn't.

John Wick has morphed into a cartoon superhero. He can be shot and stabbed, and despite blood loss and muscle and tendon damage, can perform his kung fu antics with aplomb. The heavies are now a mystical band of foreigners that are seemingly everywhere, but can't shoot straight. There is no "underworld" except in dark night clubs and middle eastern casbahs, yet the underworld baddies are everywhere. Even the homeless bum sports a $!0K watch, a Dan Wesson 1911 and a $1K cell phone. Give me a break.

There is such a thing in the movies as "suspension of disbelief," but in this case, the producers of JW3 have gone too far. I hope there isn't a JW4.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I guess I'm bumping this thread. Reluctantly.

Like ensigmatic, above, JW3 was offered on a flight recently, so I plugged in. The good news is that the flight was over very quickly. The bad news is that the movie wasn't.

John Wick has morphed into a cartoon superhero. He can be shot and stabbed, and despite blood loss and muscle and tendon damage, can perform his kung fu antics with aplomb. The heavies are now a mystical band of foreigners that are seemingly everywhere, but can't shoot straight. There is no "underworld" except in dark night clubs and middle eastern casbahs, yet the underworld baddies are everywhere. Even the homeless bum sports a $!0K watch, a Dan Wesson 1911 and a $1K cell phone. Give me a break.

There is such a thing in the movies as "suspension of disbelief," but in this case, the producers of JW3 have gone too far. I hope there isn't a JW4.

Sorry... But JW4 is announced and there are even rumors of JW5.

Also there's been an HBO show announced too, and a prequel about the Ballerinas

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is such a thing in the movies as "suspension of disbelief," but in this case, the producers of JW3 have gone too far.

Way too far.

quote:
I hope there isn't a JW4.

I don't care. Unless JW4 gets back to some semblance of something with a script, plot, something other than endless fight scenes and shoot-em-up, and something resembling acting: I won't be bothering with it.

JW3, for me, got to the point of continuing to watch it more to see if there was anything in it, any part worth my time, than anything else. At the end it was "Thank God that's over."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

It's John Wick... They killed his dog so he shoots people in the face for 90 minutes. This isn't a deep nuanced role or mystery thriller. Kind of like seeing Downton Abby and wondering where the action and chase scenes are.

He kills people. With pencils. And books. And horses. Repeat.

Ya know, I'm not Siskel or Ebert but I liked the movie.
As sequels develop they generally don't live up to the originals but I will watch JW4 nonetheless.

Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to see it for what it is worth, man against the world. While not realistic,either are most other movie characters. I liked the movies for what they were and the different guns they had in them.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Hey John. Pretty good fight huh?

Yeah.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting on the DVD from Netflix since it was released and I finally got it this week and started it last night. Sadly, I found it incredibly boring and silly, even with the excellent fight scenes. Some of it may have been my wife sitting beside me who kept yawning and playing with her phone, but I gave up with 30 minutes left. I had to go to bed because I couldn't stay awake. I'm going to go finish it now.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I'm hoping for a scene where he takes out a bunch of bad guys by throwing a p320 down the stairs.
Well, something similar was done in True Lies.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
You have to see it for what it is worth, man against the world. While not realistic,either are most other movie characters. I liked the movies for what they were and the different guns they had in them.

We watched the trilogy over the weekend and have to agree with the latest posts. After a while I had to get up and do other things cause I can only take so much sensationalized violence.

My recap of the 3 movies is like witching someone play a video game (like what the kid was playing in the first movie). The bad guys come out from nowhere and it is the players job to kill them all.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
I have been waiting on the DVD from Netflix since it was released and I finally got it this week and started it last night. Sadly, I found it incredibly boring and silly, even with the excellent fight scenes.

I finally got to see it on Netflix and this was my thought as well. It was just too much. By the end I didn’t care at all. You knew Wick was going to win in the end so the whole thing became pointless. I almost turned it off 2 or 3 times but I made it all the way to the credits. I’ll probably watch the next one on Netflix again since I’m already paying for it. IF 4 is as bad as 3 I probably won’t even finish it.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
1 set an interesting world.
2 became disappointing, with a few spectacularly bad choices
3 really went off the rails. Was good to see in a movie tavern, with alcohol and friends to laugh at it, hard.
4 better bring it together with making a point of all the variety of characters that haven't had development. Not looking for academy awards, but a plot, a purpose that dials it in and strengthens the franchise. That's necessary at this point.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. Renting the 4k disc again. Can’t wait to watch the choreography again. I’ll take sensationalized violence over Marvel SuperHo film violence any day. One of the funnest films of the year. Bring on #4!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I, too, watched it on a recent flight. Although it defies belief and reality, I do admire the actor's athletic and acrobatic ability in his scenes--the shootings are to die for (literally, in the film)!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
https://digg.com/video/john-wi...ects-michael-jackson

If Michael Jackson was John Wick

posted Hide Post
Finally getting the chance to watch it and...what can I say... The guy from Deadwood... a Blue Pittie, two GSDs, and the Chairman from Iron Chef... Throw in a few Sigs and what more can you ask for? Love it...

Posts: 423 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a flight to Japan last fall I saw "The Fable" with subtitles. It was essentially JW1 without the dog sublot. The Fable has been a comic for some time. One could saw JW1 is already a remake.

Posts: 122 | Location: N. TX | Registered: June 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post

Olde but good.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Haha, jljones. Thanks for that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post