Nerf Wick

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
June 01, 2018, 04:25 AM
AllenInAR
“Isn’t there a minimum engagement distance or something?”

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
August 15, 2018, 08:50 PM
feersum dreadnaught
He’s going to really pissed if they hurt his horse...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
August 16, 2018, 12:36 AM
PorterN
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Until I see a teaser not showing him in a running gun battle with every person on Earth, as alluded in the concluding scene of the second movie, I'm skeptical about this sequel.

I did think the scene with everyone in the vicinity if the park stopping and leaving all at once was dumb. But i still feel like the last scene in Two where he runs away wasnt so mucb everyone getting the text to go kill him as much as it was normal people using phones and his paranoia or fear setting in that he now has no friends so random citizen using a phone or another killer, he’s in the dark and alone. At lwast thats what i wanted to believe. Because your interpretation is, while probably true given the first part of that scene, annoying and dumb for the universe in which its set and will likely kill the next movie.

August 16, 2018, 02:29 PM
jsbcody
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Until I see a teaser not showing him in a running gun battle with every person on Earth, as alluded in the concluding scene of the second movie, I'm skeptical about this sequel.

I did think the scene with everyone in the vicinity if the park stopping and leaving all at once was dumb. But i still feel like the last scene in Two where he runs away wasnt so mucb everyone getting the text to go kill him as much as it was normal people using phones and his paranoia or fear setting in that he now has no friends so random citizen using a phone or another killer, he’s in the dark and alone. At lwast thats what i wanted to believe. Because your interpretation is, while probably true given the first part of that scene, annoying and dumb for the universe in which its set and will likely kill the next movie.

Exactly, now EVERYONE and EVERY Hand has turned against him and is deadly.
August 16, 2018, 04:15 PM
Lord Vaalic
I think the end of 2 was showing that everyone is now a potential enemy. There is no more protection. Any person at any time could be an assassin. I think that was also the point Winston was making with the crowd of people stopping at his command. He wasn't showing Wick his power, John already is well aware of who he is and what power he has. I think Winston was giving him a lesson, you have no friends anymore, no safe haven, from anyone at any time.

August 17, 2018, 01:01 AM
PorterN
quote:
Any person at any time could be an assassin

"Could" being the key word.
The fact that everyone was getting texts or phone calls or looked at him sideways left some people feeling like it meant that all of them ARE actually assassins, and everyone in the whole damn park being one doesn't make sense. but it's more a show of his realization of the impending shitstorm hanging over his head, and, yeah, the complete lack of friends he has in these underground societies.

August 19, 2018, 09:12 AM
patw
I'm in. I liked the both movies as Roland said, "they are guilty pleasures".
August 28, 2018, 10:51 AM
rusbro
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
He’s going to really pissed if they hurt his horse...

Looks like he's already pissed:

August 28, 2018, 02:37 PM
rusbro
^^^ First we got Keanu gun-fu. Now we get horse-fu, too, thanks to Keanu.
September 01, 2018, 08:43 PM
a1abdj
Keep your eyes open for a scene with some safes in it. Wink

www.zykansafe.com
September 01, 2018, 09:16 PM
Orguss
First he catches a bike by driving at right angles down parallel streets and now he's going to catch a bike riding a horse? Come on.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
September 01, 2018, 09:37 PM
bald1
Wick is supposed to be not only extremely well trained but smart. So the dumbass end to Wick 2 was a complete turn off for me. His nemesis would have eventually left the hotel where he could be dealt with. I really liked the original but as said the follow on left me cold as ice. So if this third episode is predicated on the mess he created for himself so stupidly in #2, my vote is simple....P-A-S-S!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
September 02, 2018, 05:30 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
So the dumbass end to Wick 2 was a complete turn off for me. His nemesis would have eventually left the hotel where he could be dealt with

Perfect description of my feelings as well. I enjoyed the second one, but did not love it as I did the first. The ending turned me off as well.

He wouldn't have left the hotel for a long time, and in the meantime would have still sent every assassin in the world after Wick. This way Wick got his revenge. He figured he was dead anyway, so why not take the asshole with him. And then he would be killed on his own terms. He was ok with that.

March 21, 2019, 04:19 PM
Ronin1069
First two trailers are out:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 21, 2019, 06:06 PM
ensigmatic
quote:

This ^^^^^

John Wick was good. JW2 substituted constant violence for a good plot.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
April 16, 2019, 08:27 AM
Ronin1069
Pre-sell tickets are now available online. I got 2 for opening night.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
April 16, 2019, 08:39 AM
Georgeair
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

This ^^^^^

John Wick was good. JW2 substituted constant violence for a good plot.

10,000 rounds in a 2:30 trailer probably not a great sign.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

April 16, 2019, 05:49 PM
patw
Bring on the Wick. It's one of my guilty pleasures.