SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What is the group think on Apple Music service?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the group think on Apple Music service? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Got the notice that my Sirius/XM is almost due to renew which means I have to call and cancel the renewal than go through their sales pitch to get the limited “We hate see you go” special of $30 for 6 months and then do it all over again. I hate the song and dance, but enjoy the service and despise the $12-15/mo per vehicle cost.

In the past, haven’t done much music streaming due to data limits on the cell account. Recently went to an unlimited data plan and thinking that with no longer having a limit, music streaming n may be a better option.

Being an Apple guy, I am looking at their Apple Music service. For less than $8/mo access to pretty much all music in iTunes Store, can download to phone, select their “radio channels” for a particular genre, etc. seems like it might be a good alternative.

One fee and it is on all my iDevices as well as my wife’s since we share the iTuines account ID (so long as only use one at a time).

Doing the free 3-month trial right now, thought I’d see what others who use or have used it thought as well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I've used a number of music services for quite a while. Make the switch, music on demand is way better than radio.

I don't have experience with Apple music, but I use Google Play Music. It comes with YouTube Red, so you get premium ad free YouTube content, including music videos.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I use it, but I always used iTunes and had my library with Apple. I rotate out subscriptions to Slacker, Spotify and Tidal also. I LOVE streaming music services.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I don't stream music that much, simply because the stuff I want to listen to, I already have in my CD/vinyl collection, and stuff that has been ripped into files on my phone (FLAC). But occasionally I use Amazon Prime. Used Pandora years ago, no longer. Also the old fashion way, a car radio tuned into classical stations Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16668 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have been a subscriber since May and I am pleased...I signed up for the three month free deal when I bought a new iPod and kept the subscription after it expired...I can only stream when I have WiFi available (mostly at home) but I like the freedom to add and remove albums and songs to and from my library and create playlists for listening when I walk or drive...

To me it's user friendly (especially if you are an Apple person)...I'm a big fan of the service Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post