SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Poison Rose - a noir style film.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poison Rose - a noir style film. Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
I watched Poison Rose yesterday on Amazon. It stars John Travolta as a private eye; has cameo appearances by Morgan Freeman, Brenden Frazier, and others.

Story line had a few twists and turns.

Overall I liked the movie and felt it wasn't a waste of time.

This is one of the Prime movies on Amazon so it is free to watch if you have Amazon Prime.

I would be curious to know Para's thoughts on this movie as I know he likes Film Noir movies.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of this film, but I'll seek it out.

Post-1959 films made in the noir style are commonly referred to as neo-noir. Chinatown, Body Heat, and Red Rock West are prime examples of neo-noir.

Posts: 107495 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Body Heat,

I gotta' watch it again......on DVD, of course.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I watched this last night. Not good. Story was okay, but acting was poor I thought and surprising as the talent of those in it is generally good. It passed a little less than a couple of hours, but don't expect too much.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38645 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched Poison Rose. It was not bad. TCM had one one of my favorite neo noirs on this weekend:
Blood Simple.
A better Travolta movie is "Lonely Hearts". A noirish police procedural based on a true story. And co-starring the excellent James Gandolfini.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post