SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    How Did I Miss Trainspotting 2?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Did I Miss Trainspotting 2? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Here I was thinking it comes out this summer and it was already released back on March 17th!

Any Trainspotting fans here? It was a pretty messed up movie but it's one of those I consider a favorite of that era along with Pulp Fiction and others.

Looks like it hits Redbox soon? I'll need to find a time to watch this without the wife for sure as she's horrified I liked the first one.

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved the first one. And I too missed the release of #2 but did see the trailer a few months back. Just need to find the time to watch it in the appropriate setting with a few beverages.

Posts: 560 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: February 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed T2: Trainspotting 2. It was very much like the Gen-X characters portrayed in the film - a little slower, more mellower, more nuanced, more subdued, but still pretty rowdy and belligerent. There's nothing that comes close to babies crawling on ceilings. The film definitely has one foot in 2017 and the other firmly in the '90s when indie films were edgy and took chances. It did make me a little nostalgic.

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I liked the first one. I'm sure I will eventually see the second.
Trainspotting is unique in that I have never liked a movie and been repulsed so much, all in the same film. It was recommended to me by a friend/co-worker. With caveats. I do the same.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to accept that all four of these characters somehow live to see middle age. Razz

Well except Begbie perhaps, since he's been locked up. Big Grin

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
I enjoyed T2: Trainspotting 2. It was very much like the Gen-X characters portrayed in the film - a little slower, more mellower, more nuanced, more subdued, but still pretty rowdy and belligerent. There's nothing that comes close to babies crawling on ceilings. The film definitely has one foot in 2017 and the other firmly in the '90s when indie films were edgy and took chances. It did make me a little nostalgic.

Same. Same. Same. For me the nostalgia..... the 90's, a different era, and a missed era. Life was so much better when it wasn't Twatter, Fakebook, Instacrap. Renton's jabs at social media during his restaurant monologue, were as well written and thought out as the jabs he made in the original film towards the incessant bs at the time.

This was a solid film and excellent sequel. The music, like the original, was expertly picked, even the lyrics at key points of the film. I watched it with subtitles becuase of Carlyle and was amazed at the timing done on the score and the lyrics at each scene, so fitting.

Begbie is one of my favorite characters in any film I've ever seen. First there was The Terminator, then there was Begbie.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever the second one has, it can't live up to the "Worst Toilet in Scotland" scene.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post