SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse has been canceled...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse has been canceled... Login/Join 
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
There is a "save the expanse" movement happening. People started a petition and even paid for a plane to fly around dragging a " # save the expanse" sign

https://www.space.com/40608-fa...ave-the-expanse.html

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Firefly wasn't a Sci-Fi program. It aired on Fox.

Ahhh, thanks!

[/QUOTE] Interesting that you equate it with Firefly. It reminds me a lot of Babylon 5.[/QUOTE]

... hmmm, there is a correlation ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
This has been the best Sci-Fi show on in years. Very disappointing.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Petition signed.
Thanks for posting that.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting that you equate it with Firefly. It reminds me a lot of Babylon 5.

In thinking about the writing, long story threads intertwined with some not-yet-revealed story arc... we are in agreement.

The cinematics, The raw grit, danger... more Firefly.

Overall quality is at the level of both, which is superb. I put Farscape at or just under that select grouping.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Amazon in talks..

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...panse-233100756.html

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to limit myself to watching one episode per week even though I'm behind and have a couple more episodes ahead of me. It's hard, though, knowing this is the last season.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I believe Amazon picked up season 4

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv...-picked-up-at-amazon

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who pronounces 'SyFy' like 'syphilis'?

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yes.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm trying to limit myself to watching one episode per week even though I'm behind and have a couple more episodes ahead of me. It's hard, though, knowing this is the last season.

We started binge watching this a few weeks back, just before I was informed of the cancellation. I sure hope this gets picked up. We are only 2 episodes behind current now.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I haven't been disappointed by the cancellation of a TV show in a long time, but this one bothered me a lot.

Here's to hoping the news articles above come to fruition!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just heard that Amazon picked it up for streaming Season 4.

non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just heard that Amazon picked it up for streaming Season 4.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...has-renewed-the.html

First In Last Out

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Been watching from day one! Thomas Jane is back too!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of his character. I really enjoyed Season 2 more than 1 because he wasn't around.

Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not a fan of his character. I really enjoyed Season 2 more than 1 because he wasn't around.

Honestly I think casting Jane in the Miller role was by far the best casting choice the show made, Followed by the Fred Johnson casting.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thomas Jane is back too!

How can he be back? Isnt he dead? He was on eros when it crashed into venus, wasnt he?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
Thomas Jane is back too!

How can he be back? Isnt he dead? He was on eros when it crashed into venus, wasnt he?

Julie was dead well before then....
He popped his suit & infected himself.

I bet the show skips his biggest story arc post-mortem, but he'll play a role for a while.

(trying to explain it a bit without giving away a bunch of the book story since I'm not 100% sure they'll follow it).

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:
Thomas Jane is back too!

I'd have to give spoilers in order to answer your question.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post