SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Altered Carbon Season 2 on Netflix Feb 27
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altered Carbon Season 2 on Netflix Feb 27 Login/Join 
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted
Season 2 of Altered Carbon drops on Netflix on February 27th. Takeshi Kovacs and Poe are back.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
The first season was interesting. More of a hard boiled detective story with sci-fi trappings.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Anthony Mackie will do a good job.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT! Thanks for the heads up! I had kinda forgotten about that show. I enjoyed season 1, so I guess I'm gonna have to binge watch it to remember WTH happened...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I loved the concept, so different than the usual sci-fi stuff out there. A bit Bladerunner-ish too which is a plus in my book.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I thought season 1 was great, but the ending felt so rushed and cobbled together.

I'd have to watch it again probably.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I agree with the Blade Runner comparison. A little to brutal for my tastes. I found them switching from language to language really annoying, but solved that problem by turning on the closed caption.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's got a little Doctor Who going too in that the bodies change but it's still the same person inside.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Aww Netflix! A month before my birthday and you got me my gift! All I got you was my subscription.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Just a bump for the fans! I waited to long to rewatch Season 1, so try to hold off on S2 spoilers till around Sunday. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted to like the show and gave Season 1 a fair shot but bailed after a few episodes. So I'll take a pass.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I was waiting for this. I loved the first season.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I really liked season 1. So going to likely binge season 2 if I have time.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I like good sci-fi. While I wouldn't put Altered Carbon up there with the best of them, it was good enough to watch the entire first season. I'll sit down and check out season 2.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I thought season 1 was great, but the ending felt so rushed and cobbled together.

I'd have to watch it again probably.

Read the book if you want cobbled together, I thought the TV show did a better job with the schizophrenic story lines. They did have the benefit of hindsight vs the book.
Full disclosure, I watched before reading. If I had read before, I probably wouldn't have watched.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I gotta say.....not as good as Season 1. Not bad, but not as good.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I gotta say.....not as good as Season 1. Not bad, but not as good.

I agree

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Yup, more and better-lookin' wimmens in Season 1 than 2. Just sayin'. . . . . Big Grin

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Blade Runner meets John Wick.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed both Seasons, but the pace of Season 1 (with 10 episodes) was a bit better.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post