SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Altered Carbon Season 2 on Netflix Feb 27
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Altered Carbon Season 2 on Netflix Feb 27 Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Yawn Confused

Two episodes in and struggling not to fall asleep.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I got to midway episode 3 and turned it off. Absolute trash. Will not be continuing. Thumbs down.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I overall liked it but I do think I liked season 1 better. I was surprised by the short ep count.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Just finished episode 3. Nowhere near as good as season 1.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeeTen:
Yup, more and better-lookin' wimmens in Season 1 than 2. Just sayin'. . . . . Big Grin

Got to see more of em too if ya know what I mean

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
finished the second season last night,

overall I enjoyed it,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Still trying to figure out why there would be a need for "synthetics" if customizing an organic sleeve was so easy.

I liked the first season better, but I did enjoy the development of the Poe character this time.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm in the minority but I thought they blew it. I finished it but my opinion now is I don't care if there is a season 3

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Still trying to figure out why there would be a need for "synthetics" if customizing an organic sleeve was so easy.
In one of the early episodes they talk about there not being enough real sleeves for stacks, i.e. human clones are still very expensive and time consuming to grow (unless you are a meth / rich). So synthetics are apparently faster to make and I assume cheaper.

Been traveling and rolled through Season 2 again - still really like it, but it is different than 1.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Finished up Season 2. It was OK. I'm glad I binged Season 1 first, though, because I did not realize or had forgotten (probably the former) that Quell was the one that "invented" the Stack. I just don't think I caught that the first time I watched Season 1.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, was not as impressed with season 2. Kinda like the new AI, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother with season 3.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Definitely not as good as Season 1. Poe's side storyline was better than the main storyline. The actor who plays Poe steals every scene he's in.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poe is by far my favorite character. He's got the Steampunk Sci-Fi thing down. First season was definitely better (Tak's sister...sssmoking), but I'll still watch another if they make it.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post