SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix "Altered Carbon" 2-2-2018
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix "Altered Carbon" 2-2-2018 Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Just finished it. It was great.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Thanks to this thread I just watched the first two episodes. Don’t care for Dichen Lachman myself (if she’s even appeared yet) but the gal playing the part of Ortez definitely gets my attention! Martha Higareda is the name I believe...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Don’t care for Dichen Lachman myself (if she’s even appeared yet) ...

Dichen plays the main character's dead sister. She appears in episode 1 when he's sitting on the breakwater contemplating his meeting with the murder victim.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Watched episode 1 last night. I liked it well enough. Or at least well enough to give it another try. Wife did not like it at all. (She didn't much like Blade Runner, either, IIRC.)

Only time I watch TV is in the evening, with my wife. Means I probably won't see any more of it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
My wife likes it, my wife likes it, my wife likes it, my wife likes it, my wife likes it...

So happy, simply can't believe it. She hated the new Blade runner and generally dislikes anything sci-fy related. Would not even try to explain ciberpunk to her unless I wanted to get hurt. Cool

My wife likes it! I feel blessed.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12105 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
We watched the first four episodes yesterday and we are hooked.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks to this thread I just watched the first two episodes. Don’t care for Dichen Lachman myself (if she’s even appeared yet) but the gal playing the part of Ortez definitely gets my attention! Martha Higareda is the name I believe...

If you liked the Martha Higareda character in the first couple episodes, you will really like her in a few more episodes. BTW, she is smoking hot. Big Grin

I find Dichen Lachman to be exotic and very pretty.

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

If you liked the Martha Higareda character in the first couple episodes, you will really like her in a few more episodes. BTW, she is smoking hot. Big Grin

I find those statements to be true. Cool

0-0,
Glad you wife likes the show. My guess is it may have something to do with her inner 14 year old and the main character. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

I find those statements to be true. Cool

0-0,
Glad you wife likes the show. My guess is it may have something to do with her inner 14 year old and the main character. Big Grin

Ok, made through episode #8, changing my previous observation that Dichen Lachman is very pretty to freaking smoking HAWT!!!!!!! Big Grin

Of course just when I think I have decided on my next future ex wife, episode #9 shows that Martha Higareda is just absolutely stunningly beautiful.......decisions, decisions... Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched half of the first episode. It was crap.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redwood25:

Thanks for your well-informed opinion Razz

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great - that means there's more of Episode 8 & 9 for the rest of us to enjoy over and over and over again, no? Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1 (Insightful)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:

Seeing much more of her now, and I remember her from "The 100" or whatever that other show she was in. She just doesn't do anything for me. But the Ortega chick??? She's getting hotter and hotter!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

+1 (Insightful)

It's the internet. There is no requirement for insight. Some people like a show, others don't. Some people feel the need to explain, others to just chime in and say "not me."

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Seeing much more of her now, and I remember her from "The 100" or whatever that other show she was in. She just doesn't do anything for me. But the Ortega chick??? She's getting hotter and hotter!!!

Have you watched episode 8 yet? If not, get back to us afterwards.......You will really like the first part of episode 9......just saying. Wink

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Even negative statements can be appreciated. Others might find they have similar tastes and dislikes.

I'm really liking it, but my wife and another lady I know are not all that excited about it.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Everyone is drooling over the women, which is typical. But I actually like Joel Kinnaman, so that's my my main draw to the series. It's too bad that he has stated he won't be returning for season 2, if it's renewed.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tool used in episode 5 for the attack at the end is grusome. That is just insane.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Everyone is drooling over the women, which is typical. But I actually like Joel Kinnaman, so that's my my main draw to the series. It's too bad that he has stated he won't be returning for season 2, if it's renewed.

I think that is part of the appeal. We don’t see the sleeve (body) Tak is wearing at the very end as he leaves to go after his “princess”.