SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix "Altered Carbon" 2-2-2018
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix "Altered Carbon" 2-2-2018 Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Looks cool. I'll give it a shot

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Very Blade Runner-esque. Looks awesome to me!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Could be interesting. Good new sci fi is always a good thing

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite books. If it is half as good as the book, it should be a home run for Netflix.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Wow. Netflix is really stepping it up.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dozer:
One of my favorite books. If it is half as good as the book, it should be a home run for Netflix.

dozer

This +1

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
I spent the night binge watching it. I just couldn't stop.

I can't decide if Dichen Lachman (who plays Reileen Kawahara) is attractive or strange looking. I've seen her in several shows and my opinion goes back and forth.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Is it a movie or a series? The premise seems awesome to me. Choose what you look like, what race you are, what gender and change whenever you want to shell out the bucks for a new body. Live life with no regrets about what happens to your body because you can always replace it. Wanna go on a drinking / drug binge? No longer have to worry about your liver or the ill effects of drugs, just get a new body. Want to live the life of a daredevil without fear of dying? No problemo we'll pack a spare body just in case your chute doesn't open.

Pretty sweet.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan:

I can't decide if Dichen Lachman (who plays Reileen Kawahara) is attractive or strange looking. I've seen her in several shows and my opinion goes back and forth.

I binged it, last night, as well. It was very good. Ironically, watched Blade Runner 2019 right before watching it. The sets, etc were very Blade Runner-esque.

About Dichen Lachman, I know what you're saying. She's very unique looking. I think she's very attractive.

Chach,
It's a one season series (so far).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Storm,

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode yesterday and am looking forward to the rest.

*Inner 14 year old switched to "on"*

Dichen Lachman: Exceedingly hot, in a non-typical way. Which adds to the hotness of course.

Oh the disappointing I could do...

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:

*Inner 14 year old switched to "on"*

Dichen Lachman: Exceedingly hot, in a non-typical way. Which adds to the hotness of course.

I’ll second this, right down to the ways I’m sure I could disappoint her. Her voice just adds to her allure.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:

You likee Dichen???? You need to watch S:1,E:8 over and over again. Me likee lots, too! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It is Assassins Creed starring John Wick set in a Blade Runner universe created in an Oblivion Matrix.

Or just call it The Iliad.

I give it 8.9 of 10.

Because I hated reading The Iliad.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Just saw the pilot. Very cool! Definitely a nod to Bladerunner.

quote:

German-Tibetan descent. Nice combo.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:
I’ll second this, right down to the ways I’m sure I could disappoint her. Her voice just adds to her allure.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:

I found an interview with her on YouTube, speaking with her natural Aussie accent. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBfd1H7qxnI

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Watched it last night and then I woke up in the middle of Episode 3, had to go back to beginning of 2 to catch up, but I like it.
You want strange then watch her in "the 100" - I almost didn't recognize her.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
First episode was interesting. We'll keep watching.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deen
posted Hide Post
Also saw Ep1 tonight. Hoping it keeps on track, as its off to a good start.

And with surety I shall attain victory
- Guru Gobind Singh.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post