SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone have an Incredibles 2 review?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have an Incredibles 2 review? Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
Personally, The Incredibles was one of--if not the--best Pixar movie ever. So I'm very hesitant to watch the sequel for fear it will be a poor follow-up. I'd very much appreciate someone posting some thoughts on this movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
don't worry, it's almost as good as the original. If I had never seen the original, it would be just as good, if that makes sense.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
I agree with zoom. I'd say it is just as good as the original.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Almost as good as the first. Honestly the biggest thing lacking is that the first is SOOOOO good and you just can’t have Lightning in a bottle twice.

Some of the new supers were cool. I loved Void.

Jack Jack is Hilarious.

There is still that subtext of relying on yourself vs waiting for others.

Some of the action set pieces are REALLY good.

It’s solid. It’s a great sequel.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat the first movie. It's entertaining but, long. 2-hours long. The plot is pretty well developed and the new characters don't distract or, take-away from the main characters.

The Parr's are all they're cracked-up to be and Edna is still a hoot.

Like all Pixar movies, see if you can guess which voice is John Ratzenburger.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
It's pretty solid. Took my 5 year old over the weekend. He's noise sensitive... glad I grabbed some electronic ears for him to wear.

The Movie Tavern gets the volume pretty high.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Took both our girls on Father's day, we all enjoyed it quite a bit.
Agreed, it's right up there with the first one.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly the biggest thing lacking is that the first is SOOOOO good and you just can’t have Lightning in a bottle twice.

that's exactly what I wanted to say. Thanks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
It's pretty solid. Took my 5 year old over the weekend. He's noise sensitive... glad I grabbed some electronic ears for him to wear.

That’s the truth. Worse in the MTX.

Great movie, soundtrack is better than the original.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll break up the love-fest a bit.

I liked it, at times a lot, but did not love it. Like a 3-star movie vs. the first, which was rock-solid 4-stars.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the like it but didn't love it camp as well.

It sure as hell was better than the last movie I took my kids to see - Despicable Me 3, aka worst kid movie ever.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The sequel is good, but not quite as good as the original.

That is partly because the first one has the element of surprise. You don't know what to expect, and the newness grabs you.

Don't get me wrong, this one is well worth seeing, but it isn't Godfather II, which, in some ways, exceeded the original.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Mrs. BB61 and I just got back from taking the kids to see it. We really liked the first one and were looking forward to this one. If I knew now what I know and if the kids hadn’t wanted to see it so bad, I would have waited to rent or at most buy the DVD.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:

I saw it at a Regal theater and also thought it was overly loud. Didn't keep me from catching a nap though.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the sequel. I just have to ask if anyone thought the short at the beginning was odd?

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI for any affected.

Saw an article this morning that the movie will carry an epilepsy warning now. Reminded me that I mentioned it to my wife after we saw it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We took our girls and the whole family enjoyed it.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Is that a Henrietta Lange ("Hetty") caricature?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
I really enjoyed the sequel. I just have to ask if anyone thought the short at the beginning was odd?

I’m with you on both counts - could have done without the animated short before the movie. Thoroughly enjoyed the sequel otherwise.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I just saw it and really enjoyed it.

Jack Jack vs raccoon. Great stuff.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post