SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Matrix Reloaded
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Matrix Reloaded Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Bleah. If they cut out all the cheesy "fight" scenes, the movie would be about 5 minutes long and 4 minutes of that would suck.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Gotta love the utterly pointless rave scenes. I kind of wanted them to destroy Zion after that.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Twas looking for a comet too....

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just like the spoon, the series is better if you remember this truth... There are no sequels

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
As one of the few on here, I liked all of the Matrix movies including Reloaded and Revolutions. These movies had some good special effects and good action scenes, and they look and sound really good on Blu-ray. And of course I'm the guy that liked all of the Terminator movies too.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Just like the spoon, the series is better if you remember this truth... There are no sequels

And the Wachowski brothers are dudes.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

And the Wachowski brothers are dudes.

-Rob

Big Grin

Well played.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, the first one, well I still haven't walked out of the theater since, and been blown away by another film. And damn that's almost been 20 years. Just like so many music artists, the first album is magic, just too good. The sophomore slump it is called in the music business. Damn shame. The cgi in those sequels, some scenes were just absolutely terrible. Other than beautiful Monica Bellucci and Lambert Wilson's line concerning wiping your ass with silk, they can have them 2 films back. I hope they don't reboot that franchise, as the next gen Neo will have undergone a sex change.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes. Movie one was perfect. He could fly for God sake. He already owned the Matrix. He understood it as fiction and could move about and and in fact destroy it with impunity. It was utterly powerless against him. The movie, and the story, was over. It was amazing.

And then they made a soup of shit after to take our money.

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
wife and I saw it in the theater, (the 1st)
were totally amazed, so much so that when we walked out to the car, we decided to turn around and see it again,

yep 2x's , one night, picked up a lot of stuff we missed on the first view,

the others,, I'll watch #2 if it is on TV,, and skip right past #3, (thought 3 was horrible)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Gotta love the utterly pointless rave scenes. I kind of wanted them to destroy Zion after that.

LOL – I remember thinking the exact same thing when I first saw it. Big Grin

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSW:
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:

LOL – I remember thinking the exact same thing when I first saw it. Big Grin

Mrs.BurtonRW and I had the same thought when we saw that rubbish film in the theater.

We were all like, "cool. speechifying." and then like, "drums? WTF?" and then it was all, "why are these people all like the beginning of 2001 before the monolith? Maybe Neo should have taken the blue pill."

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
"You do not really know someone until you fight them!"

I was physically sweaty from embarrassment for the writers when that scene happened in the theater.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Swearing in French is like wiping your arse with silk.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post