SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The outlaw Josey Wales
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The outlaw Josey Wales Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
What a great movie on some many different levels.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
is one of the best movies ever. Most clint eastwoods are, but it stands out

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
I can imagine if it was made today - what a clusterfuck (just added that to my dictionary) it would be - political correctness because of the Washington Redskins and you know how those libs like to follow everything that's trending, computer generated imagery up the ying yang, sj, they'd make one of Bloody Bill's gang gay, the JW / Ten Bears scene wouldn't happen. It would be an unrecognizable steaming pile of digital tape.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite movie. So many great scenes.

Buzzards got to eat, same as the worms

Dying ain't much of a livin' boy

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This scene gets me every time. For many reasons....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pNfdii-r38g" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Definitely my favorite scene among many.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Grandma Sarah: What's all that paint about?

Lone Watie: It's my death face.

Grandma Sarah: You know, we're sure gonna show them redskins somethin' tomorrow. No offense meant.

Lone Watie: None taken.

and then later....

Chief: We'll show those dirty white guys something. No offense meant.

Granny: None taken.

That is my all-time favorite Eastwood movie.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pNfdii-r38g" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

All I can think about seeing that is they didn't even have Band Aids back then. I am among those, who think the Oscar he got for Unforgiven, was to make up for the one he didn't get for Josey Wales.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:

All I can think about seeing that is they didn't even have Band Aids back then. I am among those, who think the Oscar he got for Unforgiven, was to make up for the one he didn't get for Josey Wales.

Maybe, but I think "Unforgiven" was a better film, overall.
Now, maybe John Wayne's Oscar for "True Grit" was the one he should have gotten for "The Searchers"......

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The scene with Ten Bears is also one my all time favorites.

It never gets old.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Found this today. A hell of a good way to spend 15 minutes of your life.

Some of my fishing buddies have little tolerance for Indians and their claims...I on the other hand feel sympathy.

Chief Dan George (Lone Watie in Josey Wales) speaks in this as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post