SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix- The Frankenstein Chronicles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix- The Frankenstein Chronicles Login/Join 
posted
A dark, whodunit detective, Dark Shadows/body snatcher series set in 1820s London. Stars Sean Bean-(aka Ned Stark). Enjoying that one now.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Watched 2 episodes last night, seems pretty good, accents are hard to follow at times.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
How does Sean Bean die?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
I watched it over the past couple nights. Good series. I enjoyed it.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds me of Penny Dreadful

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Watched 2 episodes last night, seems pretty good, accents are hard to follow at times.

Subtitles help a lot. Caught an episode last night and thought it was pretty decent.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
is this worth finishing ? , im on episode 3 and im not hooked yet

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How does Sean Bean die?

Only on episode 3, so far he is still alive. I loved the "Sharpe's Rifles" references.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I binge watched it this week (down with the flu). I thought it was very watchable! Kinda "Copper" meets "Frankenstein's Monster" with a ghost story angle to it. The attention to detail of what early 1800s culture and policing was like is both depressing and impressive. I liked the scene where the officers (constables?) were being issued their rattles (to summon assistance) before going out on a raid. Looking forward to Season 3!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Just started this...interesting thus far.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What, Sean Bean never dies in movies or television!

We just finished Season 1. Great series and it really looks like you'd imagine 1820's London to be. And what a surprising ending to the season!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How does Sean Bean die?

Haven’t seen all of it yet so I don’t knot know if it kills him - but he does have syphilis.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post