SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Top Gun 2 - Confirmed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun 2 - Confirmed Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
Pick your favorite Google hit.

Discuss.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aren't they about 28-29 years too late? Cruise could still cut it, but the rest are fat slobs.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
31 years later? Cruise's character could only be some 3 or 4 star Admiral at this point flying a desk but you know they'll have him flying around like it's 1986 again.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Yikes....Val Kilmer (aka. Iceman) better start hitting the gym. He hasn't been looking to good.

He's also recovering from cancer.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Ooh, with F/A-18 Hornets?

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Was Maverick and Ice Man.

Now Metamucil and Icy Hot.

Difficult not to think they might've waited a bit too long on this one.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tom Cruise's character "Maverick" is head of the Top Gun school, taking over from Tom Skerritt's "Viper."

He has to fight off a senator who wants to shit-can manned fighters and the Top Gun School in favor of drones while simultaneously teaching a new generation of fighter pilots that dog fighting is about skill and awareness, not moving a cursor on a touchscreen.

In his last class before retiring he meets a young pilot like himself, who has a natural gift for flying while also breaking the rules in both the air and on the ground.

Just before the senator succeeds in closing the book on manned naval aviation, North Koreans start beef along the 38th parallel using stolen Chinese tech (shoutout to China, we won't make you the big bad guy, but you can still be in it cuz we want your money). This tech jams all frequencies used to control drones. Rumor has it that the drone-jamming tech was brought to NKOR by a group of Old Guard Rogue PLA pilots who defected to the NORKs, taking their sophisticated fighters with them.

Maverick's graduating class is in for fight of their lives.

That's my best guess anyways Wink

It will be interesting to see how they deal with the F/A-18E/F v. F-35C issue.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's my best guess anyways

Best guess, my ass! LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Maverick is base commander. Zombie Goose is his XO. A fat overweight Iceman is the guy who gets coffee dumped on him repeatedly in the control tower. The Marines have taken over Miramar so Top Gun School is now at Fallon. Top Gun students battle with gambling addiction and the effects of syphilis since there's no beach to play volleyball on anywhere near Fallon. There will be a hot female version of Maverick wearing fishnets and stilettos with the skirt in her service khakis and there will be a tumultuous torrid affair with her and Maverick against a back drop of a military crisis in which the bad guys fly F-16's that will be referred to as Mig-35's.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Didn't they already do a sequel?

<br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk75ps_iceman-the-later-years_shortfilms" target="_blank">Iceman: The Later Years</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/popculturefiend" target="_blank">popculturefiend</a></i>

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I heard they'll have these alien pods in their retirement home swimming pool which is managed by Val Kilmer doing his best Wilfred Brimley meets Ice with the Beetus without needing any makeup or costuming, and they'll take dips in the pool to recharge and regain their long lost youth so that they have enough energy for one last, super duper gay, volleyball game that takes up the bulk of the film,

(eyeroll)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
DANGER ZONE! Wait, are we still doing phrasing? Wink

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The story will probably revolve around Maverick, as the CO of the TG program, deciding upon retirement, leaving it to assist in a pilot rescue ( Gooses son) while fighting off unmanned fighter drones in his F-35. The real danger zone here is disturbing the legacy of the original movie. Sometimes making money is not so good...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Didn't they already do a sequel?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="180" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xk75ps" width="320"></iframe><br />Iceman: The Later Years by popculturefiend[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow, somehow I missed that episode of SNL in my youth. I hope "Top Gun 2: There's no points for 2nd place" is better than the Red Dawn remake from a coupe years ago.

Will this spur an Iron Eagle remake or Iron Eagle 12 or whatever they are on now?

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Haha, LDD, that was awesome, I feel like I just saw the movie!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, new Maverick will be a female, black, lesbian.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Oh yeah, new Maverick will be a female, black, lesbian.

Kelly McGillis?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I feel the need...for Metamucil.

Posts: 7233 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Top Gun 2 will finally explore Maverick/Cruise's struggle with his own homosexuality.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post