SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mira Furlan from Babylon 5 has died
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mira Furlan from Babylon 5 has died Login/Join 
Picture of Infidel
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...bylon-5-actress-dead

Damn. Apparently her health had been in decline for some time.
I really loved her performance as Delenn, she really made the character the heart and soul of the show.

Just another bit of bad news for you sci-fi geeks out there. That's something like half of the B5 cast now, maybe more.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 642 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
“Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. I suggest you be elsewhere.”

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post
Close! The last bit is "If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 642 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
She was wonderful in Lost as well. RIP.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Frown

Another shitty thing to add to the start of 2021.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news indeed! Her character was such an integral part of B-5 and what made it so successful. She was a fine actress and I am saddened by her death.
I notice wikipedia mentions her death as due to complications from West Nile Virus.

Posts: 306 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
She was an amazing character.

B5 is still my favorite Sci-fi show. A lot of people nit-pick it, but most of the criticism seems to be over the CGI, which they claim hasn't aged well.

So, what? I care more about story, plotlines, character development, etc, than the SFX. To me, it still remains amazing television, and the CGI is not bad, considering its 90-s era tv quality.

There were so many relatively obscure actors that did phenomenal work on that show. I don't know Mira Furlan or Peter Jurasik (Londo Molari) from any other show, but their work on B5 was amazing. Others were great, as well.

Stephen Furst (played Vir; he was Flounder on Animal House).

Andreas Katsulas (played G'Kar; he was the One-Armed Man on The Fugitive movie and Tomalok on ST:Next Generation)

Claudia Christian (played Ivanova; I remember her from a lot of mostly cheesy 80s movies).

I didn't realize Mira Furlan was from Yugoslavia. Her accent was very appealing.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post