SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The adventures of Superman jumped the Shark when
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The adventures of Superman jumped the Shark when Login/Join 
posted
The whole group time traveled to cave man days .
Eek

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0506648/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
For me, the series went south when it was filmed in color after a couple of seasons of B&W. And I liked the first Lois Lane better than the 2nd one.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
How about the little furry guys from the center of the earth coming out of a deep well with a weapon that looked like my Mom's Electrolux canister vacuum?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackmore, I remember seeing that first run as a kid. Thought it was bad even then.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about the little furry guys from the center of the earth coming out of a deep well with a weapon that looked like my Mom's Electrolux canister vacuum?

You mean these guys...

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Reeves left the show.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Phyllis Coates played Lois first followed by Noel Neill. Neill passed in 2016 making Coates the only survivor from the original Superman serial.
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
For me, the series went south when it was filmed in color after a couple of seasons of B&W. And I liked the first Lois Lane better than the 2nd one.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the annoying Jimmy Olsen in the series.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:

You mean these guys...

Quick fill liquor tank with funnel and six dispensing points.

Charter Sigforum Members?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
You mean these guys...

I looked up that episode (actually a two parter) and it was made in 1953. Turns out - not surprisingly - two of those actors were Munchkins in The Wizard of Oz. Jerry Maren died at 98 just two years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Phyllis Coates played Lois first followed by Noel Neill. Neill passed in 2016 making Coates the only survivor from the original Superman serial series.
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
<snip> And I liked the first Lois Lane better than the 2nd one.

One minor correction above: Coates is the last surviving regular from the series. There were actually two serials before the series, and none of the lead characters from the serials survive.

Noel Neill played Lois Lane in the 1948 Superman serial and in the 1950 serial Atom Man versus Superman, both of which starred Kirk Alyn as Clark Kent/Superman. Phyllis Coates was selected to play Lois Lane for The Adventures of Superman TV series, but she left after the first season and the Superman and the Mole Men theatrical release, at which time the producers hired Noel Neill to take over the role once more.

In another incident of Superman actors and actresses later playing other Superman-related roles, both Coates and Neill later played Lois Lane’s mother, Ellen/Ella Lane, with Coates doing it in one episode of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (before again being replaced, this time by Beverly Garland), and Neill taking a turn in 1978 in Superman with Christopher Reeve. Kirk Alyn, the original Superman, was with her in the scene playing Lois’ dad, but I believe their scene is only included in the extended director’s cut of the movie. Not to be forgotten, Jack Larson, Jimmy Olsen from The Adventures of Superman, also got a guest spot on Lois & Clark playing old Jimmy Olsen.

Following that "tradition," Teri Hatcher, the Lois Lane of Lois & Clark, later played Lois’ mom in Smallville, but Erica Durance, the Lois Lane of Smallville, may have missed out on her chance to play Lois’ mom in the Arrowverse since she already plays Supergirl’s late mother, Alura zor El. However, in a tribute/really strange throwback, Durance’s character (being portrayed by a shapeshifter) assumed the name Noel Neill, who portrayed the original Lois Lane, for part of one episode on the show.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post