SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Better Call Saul-Season4
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Call Saul-Season4 Login/Join 
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted
Season premiere tomorrow night. Should be a good season seeing how Jimmy picks up the pieces from the last episodes. Mike is probably the most interesting character and I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets deeper into the Gus Fring organization.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait! But can’t watch it until I get home from my trip Tuesday. Frown Mike is my favorite as well...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I'll be tuning in for sure. There's been so much hype that I expect a lot of people will be underwhelmed.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Just re-binged season 3 to catch back up. Anxious for tomorrow night.

I’ve heard we can expect some good developments this spring.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the head-up. I had no idea it was about to start.

I'm in,for sure!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I saw the promo but thought it wasn't coming for a few weeks.

Some programs, they over hype the premier. I'm surprised they didn't do this with Saul.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Watching it now...I had not known about the start of the new season until this thread Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Watched it, rather slow, hoping it's setting up things to come.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Agreed it is a slow dull episode.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Mike was cool. If you're going to pay me then I'm going to do something productive. This series seems a bit more cerebral than Breaking Bad. Different pace for sure.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Why was Jimmy happy at the end? I think I understand, and if so, he is a sick, sick puppy.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Yep, somewhat slow episode. They used way to much time on the post Saul, Cinnabon part and it took forever to get Chuck in the ground. I guess that was expected. As far as Jimmy looking gleeful at the end, that was a bit strange and I don't know what to make of it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching the episode and thought it was meh.

The episode was very slow as other's have said and the ending with Jimmy was weird. I'm sure it will get better but that episode wasn't real good.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why was Jimmy happy at the end? I think I understand, and if so, he is a sick, sick puppy.

Jimmy is a sociopath. Even as a child he wanted to get over on others. As Jimmy he was also likeable, as he develops into Saul you begin to see his true self. He does not care about others, lacks empathy and uses people for his own ends.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Didn't Jimmy scuttle the law firm's malpractice insurance and now Howard is assuming it's his fault, leading to Chuck being booted? If I'm remembering correctly, Jimmy is off the hook with his chicanery, he's clear and free.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Didn't Jimmy scuttle the law firm's malpractice insurance and now Howard is assuming it's his fault, leading to Chuck being booted? If I'm remembering correctly, Jimmy is off the hook with his chicanery, he's clear and free.

Jimmy exposed Chucks problems to the insurance company which caused them to raise rates, but it was Howard who admitted it really wasn't that big of a deal financially for the firm, but chose to force Chuck out because he was tired of his antics. After some reflection I guess with Jimmy now knowing it wasn't his actions that directly got Chuck kicked out, he now feels vindicated. I think he's morphing into Saul.

-D.H. Lawrence

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Like it's predecessor (Breaking Bad) Better Call Saul is about "change" and how personalities evolve. Saul is (at heart) a sociopath, but seeing how he evolved over time is extremely interesting and entertaining. I love how the producers start each episode (and the series generally) with a small spark that becomes a slow burn that begets a inferno. Its a great series and IMHO will rival or even exceed Breaking Bad's accomplishments.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Jeeze - of course it is slow. The whole series has been slow paced. I agree with Pulicords. Small things turn out to be important, and build to their conclusions.

Like "Breaking Bad," the story is entirely about how people change. We already knew Jimmy would end up as Saul and then at the Cinnabon, so it is about how he gets there.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeeze - of course it is slow. The whole series has been slow paced. I agree with Pulicords. Small things turn out to be important, and build to their conclusions.

Yeah. If if you want action and adventure tune into Stallone or Chuck Norris. Character development takes time and has many nuances. People are complicated and not one sided. It becomes boring if the characters are predictable.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Kim is a honey badger, go ahead and giggle about the honey part, but she really ripped Howard a new corn hole in tonight's show. Big Grin

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post