SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Macabre movies you can't watch again.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Macabre movies you can't watch again. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Watched No Country for Old Men again after years.

What a great movie. The pacing and tension are perfect. Shot beautifully.

The Road? What a depressing hopeless movie. My niece had to read the book for school. I felt bad for her. What happened to Animal Farm? 1984? and The Catcher in the Rye? But that's another topic.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
The wrestler.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacramento Johnson:
"Schindler's List"; very moving, powerful and well made, but only watched once. Some images I still carry vividly in my memory...
I never made it past the opening scene. I just couldn't do it. I am sure that I missed a great story but I guess I didn't need to see how awful war is.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
The first time I watched Schindler's List it was at a presentation in college. We watched it with a Holocaust survivor with discussion sessions before and after the film. I've never been able to watch it again since.

I don't know that I've ever made it all the way through Blackhawk Down twice.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
The wrestler.

it is a depressing movie,

but it has Marisa Tomei topless, so I watch it when it is on,,,, Smile

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
The first time I watched Schindler's List it was at a presentation in college. We watched it with a Holocaust survivor with discussion sessions before and after the film. I've never been able to watch it again since.

I don't know that I've ever made it all the way through Blackhawk Down twice.

I knew not to watch Blackhawk Down ever.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post