SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Macabre movies you can't watch again.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Macabre movies you can't watch again. Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Martyrs (2008)

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Bone Tomahawk

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The Road

There are a few movies mentioned in this thread I have not seen, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
For me, Titanic.

I have a very vivid imagination and the ending watching everyone die, the elderly couple in their bed holding eachother, it just gutted me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Requiem for a Dream.

Yep. This is really the only one that came to mind for me.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Human Centipede.

I mean, I COULD watch it again, but meh.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Sybil.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Leaving Las Vegas. Just damned depressing. Acting, superb, but damned depressing.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Schindler's List"; very moving, powerful and well made, but only watched once. Some images I still carry vividly in my memory...

Posts: 309 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night will Fall is the most powerful film I have seen. It is based on the film Hitchcock put together regarding the Nazi concentration camps. Most people cannot bear to watch it. Here is a link to the description in Newsweek:

https://www.newsweek.com/2015/...er-shown-300235.html

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Requiem for a Dream.
What a load of crap that was. It's hard to believe that the same guy also made Pi which is a fantastic movie.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaving Las Vegas. Fantastic acting and production values,.... but such a sad story.

I also found the ending of Black Death disturbing. What happened to the monk in the final scenes is how I always imagined Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Requiem for a Dream

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
The Mist

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Human Centipede (First Sequence)

That was seriously a f*cked-up movie...

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Gummo
Eraserhead

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
No Country for Old Men One wrong decision can bring you into a chain of events that eventually kills you. The last scene still bothers me.

Leaving Las Vegas Leaves you drained. How Nicholas Cage could knock it out of the park in this one yet still make so many stinkers...

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Requiem for a Dream.

Yes, this one for sure.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sacramento Johnson:
"Schindler's List"; very moving, powerful and well made, but only watched once. Some images I still carry vividly in my memory...

Same here, just so depressing.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Open Water.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post