SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Macabre movies you can't watch again.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Macabre movies you can't watch again. Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
What films are so noir once was enough? Mine:

1. No Country for Old Men.

2. Clockwork Orange.

3. One Flew over The Cookoo's nest.

4. The Road.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Velvet

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Se7en

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
Blue Velvet

Heineken!? Fuck that shit! Pabst! Blue! RIBBON!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
8mm

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sin City

I spit on your grave. from the 80's

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Road. I mean, damn.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Elephant Man. David Lynch did a brilliant job, but I can't watch it a 2nd time. Despite Jane Fonda, I liked They Shoot Horses Don't They?, but once was enough. Same with Leaving Las Vegas.

I have The Road in my DVD cabinet, I have yet to watch it (I read the book).

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Se7en
I saw that in the theater when it first came out and it gave me nightmares. Most of the people leaving after the film where walking fast and looking straight ahead.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Se7en

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Blue Velvet

Big Grin I must have seen that 300 times.

quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Clockwork Orange. ...
I found that movie hilarious. I've watched it multiple times.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Blue Velvet

Big Grin I must have seen that 300 times.

quote:
Originally posted by George43:
Clockwork Orange. ...
I found that movie hilarious. I've watched it multiple times.

It seems some British movie fans felt differently about "Clockwork Orange" and threatened Stanley Kubrick's life. The movie was pulled from distribution in England.

I found the movie interesting and compare it with today's view on crime and punishment in this country.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Requiem for a Dream.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
For me its Black Swan. Best movie I never want to see ever again.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Movies like SAW or Hostel and their successors.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Turtles Can Fly

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Requiem for a Dream.

Yeah, phew.... Red Face

Same guy who made "Mother!" which no one saw so no one saw it twice. Red Face Red Face

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Un Chien Andalou 1929 film by Luis Bunel. Saw this in film class. Google if you want the classic scene is on you tube.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
8mm

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Silence of the Lambs

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post