SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post your favorite island tunes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite island tunes Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I basically only use Pandora as a tool to discover new music based on specific things I like, and they are exceptionally good at it. Hardly ever just to listen to it anymore for the sake of listening, I have my own collection for that which is generally lossless and doesn't require connectivity or chew up finite data allowances.

I've never paid them a dime and don't care about their politics, yet they've helped me find dozens of artists and songs I'd never heard before, which is no small task for a music nerd like me. I just browse my Favorites/ThumbsUps from time to time and go grab the songs themselves at stores/online, add them to my collection and move on. Sometimes I go weeks, even months, without using it, but over the last many years it's been fantastic.

I had no idea they had any drama or haters - so to speak. (shrug)

quote:
long lost twins

brothers from another mother

Smile

ditto on Pandora, tho I do listen to it quite a bit,

could care less about their politics,
honestly if I was worried about a bands politics, I would mostly be listening to nothing,

found a lot of good music thru Pandora, and will continue to use it,

and bourbon,,

yum

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10403 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
One Particular Harbor

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try Spotify and Pandora. Never used them before.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I'm going to try Spotify and Pandora. Never used them before.

A lot of here dropped Pandora because of
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...ra-panders-liberals/

But if you get something out of their service, that's your decision and I'm just making you aware. Not trying to be that guy. Go for it if you like it.

And I guess I'm old school, Bob Marley.

Posts: 7312 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14995 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I'm old school, Bob Marley.

I love Bob (cue the weed jokes), and Bunny, and The Whailers, and Peter Tosh (who co-wrote Get Up Stand Up with Bob and is perhaps most famous for Legalize It), and Augustus Pablo (his collection of early to mid 70s singles - entitled Original Rockers - is solid), and Barrington Levy (see Under Me Sensi, Broader than Broadway), etc. Not all are danceable in the same sense but they're all Island Music - some Roots Reggae and the beginnings of all of this - and they're all good at what they do.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I saw bunny at the airport in jamaica last year about this time.

Also enjoy peter tosh. One of my favorite songs he sings is "stop the train" from thr burnin album.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post