New
Find
Notify
Tools

Album Cover Art Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I’ve come to find out that there are album cover frames and decided that a blank wall in my music room is perfect for a display.

I pulled 7 or 8 albums out of my vinyl collection that I think would look cool on the wall, and will put up as many as 5.

Centered would be “Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs” Derek and the Dominos. I like Emile Frandsen’s artwork and it happens this is probably my all-time favorite album;

“American Beauty” The Grateful Dead. I am not a Dead Head by any stretch of the imagination, but this a great album and the cover art is really cool;

“Sweetheart of the Rodeo” The Byrds. I recently pulled this out and played it; I don’t think it aged well. The cover art however, is from Jo Mora, famous Californio vaquero and illustrator.

“The Outstretched Hand” (Santana III). Joan Chase and Mary Ann Mayer—Heavy Water Light Show (favorite Santana album); could also display “Abraxas.” Album art, “Annunciation “ Mati Klarwein;

“Deja vu” Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: Dallas Taylor & Greg Reeves. This is not cover ‘art’ but a sepia-toned photo on a textured sleeve. Just a nice cover;

“Happy Trails” Quicksilver Messenger Service. Cover art by George Hunter;

“Take a Chance” Jerry Riopelle. Cover art, “Hollywood Indian on a Horse” Fritz Scholder;

“Old and in the Way” Self-titled album of bluegrass music—Vassar Clements, Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, John Kahn, and Peter Rowen. Album art, Greg Irons;

“No Roses” Shirley Collins and the Albion Country Band. Photography rather than art, but the back cover, in particular, is cool. Maybe I’ll come back and post these.

Do you have album covers that you really like?

Truly sorry for those who never knew the joy of appreciating vinyl albums.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
From the same era, Cheap Thrills, Big Brother and the Holding Company.

Posts: 756 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:
From the same era, Cheap Thrills, Big Brother and the Holding Company.

Remember the cover well, but I don’t have the album Wink

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Blind Faith is the first which comes to mind.

Grand Illusion is another along with Brain Salad Surgery.

Oh and Wish You Were Here

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Beatles > Sgt Pepper LHC
Pink Floyd > Dark side of the moon

Both once adorned my walls

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool.

I thought about the albums on the wall thing too.

Suppose I went too far with the turntable on the wall playing a picture disc?

Some day they'll drag me out of the 20th century now that I have to use a smart phone at work...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Rainbow - Rising

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Rainbow

Queensryche - Warning

Iron Maiden - Killers

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

Exactly my choice. Damn!

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

I don’t have this album, but I knew exactly what it was.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I always thought this was a great idea. If I was going to do this, here are a few that I would choose:

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the Molly Hatchet covers.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Truly sorry for those who never knew the joy of appreciating vinyl albums.

A lost art, so to speak.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

Always nice to put your girlfriend on the cover. Particularly if she is Jerry Hall...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I should post one I'm thinking of.
Blind Faith with the underage girl.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have a number of those album cover frames. One of the cool things about them is you can change your artwork whenever you feel like it, and not have to worry about where to hang it.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I've posted this before and it's still a favorite:

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post