SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movies that changed the way movies are made...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies that changed the way movies are made... Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Has anybody noted Tears of the Sun with regards to the jungle fighting scenes and violence of rebels?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14033 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Top gun for the surround sound. There hasn't been surround as good as that since.. At least not that I have found

I would put The Hunt for Red October right up there with it. With good surround sound, you feel like you’re in the subs, or on the carrier flight deck.

Posts: 17107 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Touch of Evil (1958)

The camera work and cinematography were ground breaking...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dzozer,

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3917 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
Touch of Evil (1958)

The camera work and cinematography was ground breaking...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V-Oqn2hMp1M" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Great movie. You can almost forget Charlton Heston playing a Mexican.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've always thought Apocalypse Now was leading edge at the time, although I'm not sure it really changed the way movies were made. Still it was "out there" at the time.

Deep Throat, while not critically acclaimed, broke some barriers as did Boogie Nights. The latter a much better movie.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
The Squaw Man (1918) -- First movie remake.

The Fall Of A Nation (1916) -- First movie sequel

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10894 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post