SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mandalorian ***SPOILERS***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mandalorian ***SPOILERS*** Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Okay I have to talk about last night.

- We learn Baby Yoda’s name

- We get a Jedi light saber battle with a Clone Wars Jedi cameo

- Mando learns his life has been a lie and he’s part of a cult

- The actress who plays Bo-Katan is the same actress who ‘voiced her’ in Clone Wars

- A new mission that send Mando and Baby Yoda aka Grogu on a “Lonewolf and Cub” like adventure.

Any of these could have been a season finale cliff-hanger!?!

We’ve still got 3 (I think) epps to go this season.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
His life hasn't been a lie.

His clan just didn't teach the other ways, they are more hard core fundamentalist. To them the other Mandos aren't truly "the way"

Like being raised a strict Catholic your whole life then finding out there are other Christian faiths or even other Catholics who aren't as devout. Your life hasn't been a lie, just sheltered a bit.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Season 2 broadcast dates

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do wonder what they will make with Thrawn.

I entertain the notion that Moff Gideon is actually working for him

(Although I'm not sure if a Moff would outrank a Grand Admiral)

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
usually a moff was a governor of a sector and held a rank of admiral in the imperial navy.

also Page 93 of Galaxy at War states that Moffs and Grand Moffs "occupy a grade designation somewhere between O-12 and O-13" (i.e. between Fleet Admiral and High Admiral in the Naval rankings). Grand Admirals are O-14.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Season 2 broadcast dates

This week's was called "The Jedi" and episode 3 was "the Heiress" so I think those titles are incorrect

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Just watched it again. I just started on Ahsoka’s clone wars sabers and now I’m wanting her new ones as well. This is an expensive hobby.

I’m just hoping no Skywalkers in this series. Have another Jedi answer Grogu’s call.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Boba Fett is back tonight, and they do it brilliantly!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but whoever decided that Stormtrooper armor is merely ornamental needs to be smacked around. What is the point of wearing it? I've heard it said that it instills fear in those against whom the troopers are deployed. Well, I call bullshit, cuz they can't shoot for shit and their armor is made of tissue paper.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Remember the biker scout scene with Grogu? They kept missing at such close range.
Big Grin

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I'm sorry but whoever decided that Stormtrooper armor is merely ornamental needs to be smacked around. What is the point of wearing it? I've heard it said that it instills fear in those against whom the troopers are deployed. Well, I call bullshit, cuz they can't shoot for shit and their armor is made of tissue paper.

Thought it was interesting that when they got hit with the staff there was a blast of little white shards, which made it look exactly like the cheap plastic it really was.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I guess Fett with a ghaffi stick is nobody to screw with

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I guess Fett with a ghaffi stick is nobody to screw with

Yeah, I actually felt bad for the storm troopers. . .

Fett was amazing, as was Fennec. I'm really glad they brought back her character.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Great episode.

And no more Razor Crest to satisfy those folks.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fett was amazing, as was Fennec. I'm really glad they brought back her character

I’m glad they went with “low tech” prosthetics.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm hooked, onboard, and primed. I like Mando's voice. Not the Darth Vader helmet vibe, but commanding and reassuring. I'm subscribed to Disney mainly just to keep to date with this show.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
“Are you a Jedi?”

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I started watching season 1 this week and am enjoying it so far.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Anyone else think that based on their happy dance upon seeing each other, R2 was the one who got Grogu out of the Jedi Temple during Order 66.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post