SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I just watched "Golden Girls" for the first time.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just watched "Golden Girls" for the first time. Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted
And I'm shocked at how good it is.
I don't do the sitcom thing, but this is sitcom perfection.
Well-defined characters with perfect symbiosis. Very well-written.
Good stuff, I'll have to check if the complete series is available on Netflix.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
I'll admit I like it a bit. My 75 year old yankee babysitter got me hooked on it when I was just a little kid. Estelle Getty MAKES that show.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
excellent show.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My brother, sister, and I (along with our mom, of course) had watched it quite a bit growing up. It seriously made us laugh. Yeah, good show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it as well,
68 emmy nominations

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Hah! I used to watch it with my grandma when I was a kid. Good stuff.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Welcome to 1985!

Have you heard about this new cutting edge tech called a "compact disc"? It's going to revolutionize the music industry I hear.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
April.....

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Welcome to 1985!

Have you heard about this new cutting edge tech called a "compact disc"? It's going to revolutionize the music industry I hear.

I was too busy getting high and working on gettin' laid in 1985. Misspent youth.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
getting laid, .....those were the days

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
"Oh, back in St.Olaf..."

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
HBO took Golden Girls, cast a slightly younger cast and set it in NYC. Their remake is called Sex in the City. You might give that one a try too.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
HBO took Golden Girls, cast a slightly younger cast and set it in NYC. Their remake is called Sex in the City. You might give that one a try too.

I watched Sex in the City when it first ran. It was okay.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Welcome to 1985!

I was too busy getting high and working on gettin' laid in 1985. Misspent youth.

Right. God forbid you didn't watch every program ever since the mid 80s.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9690 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know Saved By the Bell existed until the mid-90's when I caught them in re-runs. Completing that was difficult pre-Hulu.

Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dkjbama:
I'll admit I like it a bit. My 75 year old yankee babysitter got me hooked on it when I was just a little kid. Estelle Getty MAKES that show.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
The entire series is on Hulu.
I watched the pilot last night.
I figured Sophia was just a bitter old lady.
Turns out she had a stroke and can't process politeness properly and blurts out whatever comes to mind.
Smile

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Only one of the Golden Girls (Betty White) is still living. Frown

As the CUT I chose for myself befits, I liked Bea Arthur's sarcasm.

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
My mom was convinced that Bea Arthur was a man... Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
My mom was convinced that Bea Arthur was a man... Roll Eyes Big Grin

Ha! She was a woman who would better be described as handsome rather than pretty, but she was quite elegant.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post