SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    RIP Chadwick Boseman, the 43yo actor has died of colon cancer.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Chadwick Boseman, the 43yo actor has died of colon cancer. Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
Diagnosed in 2016, dude was sick all during his recent rise in popularity and kept it out of the media.

Fuck cancer. It takes the rich and poor alike. This dude had every advantage and it still kicked his ass.

I saw an interview recently where Denzel Washington said he paid to put Boseman through college.

At lesst his last few years were pretty cool, starring in Marvel movies and all.

RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEKZv_BUgH8

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Damn 43 is way to young.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Never heard of him, and that is the truth. Apparently, though, he was the greatest actor of our generation, or something like that.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I had never heard of him as well, but learned I'd apparently seen a couple of his movies where he was a stand out actor.

Many never knew his name, but know him for his role in Black Panther, the Marvel superhero kind of 'Black Panther' Wink

That said, I thought he was REALLY Good in '42' where he did an OUTSTANDING job playing the role of Jackie Robinson.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, wait. I see now. Jackie Robinson? Black Panther? Yeah, it makes sense now. Leave it to the leftist news media to politicize a death and make a black actor who was in movies like that out to be a national treasure. No, really, this is all over the web, front page news, and I was thinking "what the hell?" but now it makes perfect sense.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm a luddite when it comes to most pop culture, especially Hollywood movies. I have never heard of the deceased actor, never really heard of his movies. But then I only catch the names of a handful of films each year nowadays.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sorry for anyone with the big C but never heard of him.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too young. I respect that he didn’t make his diagnosis 4 years ago public. I watched an interview where he talked about some kids he was keeping in touch with that had terminal cancer. Instead of making it about himself, he made the conversation about them. It makes it mean more to know what he was dealing with during that interview.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I saw many of his movies and enjoyed them. I thought he was a decent actor. I also saw many interviews with him and found him to be a pretty stand up guy. He certainly didn’t make the last few years of his life about his cancer, something he certainly could have done. The media would have played that up.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Never heard of him, and that is the truth. Apparently, though, he was the greatest actor of our generation, or something like that.

WTF is up with that? Daily Caller referred to him as a legend. Legend?!? What the hell.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It isn't hard to figure, once you know he played Jackie Robinson and a comic book "superhero" named Black Panther. Roll Eyes

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. 43 is way too young, especially from colon cancer. I didn't know his name but recognized his face.

quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
WTF is up with that? Daily Caller referred to him as a legend. Legend?!? What the hell.

They can say things like that after someone's gone and not have to worry too much about being called out on it.

I suspect, in addition to his starring role and draw in the minority community, it actually relates to his box office draw in 2018. That year, he was the lead star of "Black Panther," #1 in the U.S. and #2 in the world for the year, and was one of the ensemble stars of "Avengers: Infinity War," #2 in the U.S. and #1 in the world for the year. The combined box office for the year from those two movies was approximately $3.4 billion worldwide. I think that made him #1 worldwide for that year. Using Box Office Mojo's three year rolling draw based on movie ranks, he was #4 in the world for 2017-2019.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not into sports or super hero movies so I have not seen him on the screen. And 43 with colon cancer was no doubt a terrible ordeal for him.
RIP.
However:
I watched the TVLand channel tonight and about every 30 minutes was a tribute to him.
Funny, I did not see a similar tribute to Olivia DeHaviland when she passed.
49 feature films, double Academy Award winner and Order of the British Empire holder.
Maybe I missed it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:

On the local late news, he was referred to as an "icon". When I first heard the word, I thought they were referring to someone like Robert Redford commenting on his death but no, he was the "icon", some guy I never heard of. It seems like by all accounts, he was a very good guy and I know black lives matter but "icon" ? I do know that the medical profession is alarmed and a bit perplexed, as to why they are finding colon cancer in more and more young males.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
He was good as Black Panther and I never saw him being a typical Hollyweird jerkoff so for that I give him credit.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I know black lives matter
Cut that shit out. You don't need to do that here. You don't need to qualify your remarks so some mob doesn't beat you. That phrase is used by two primary groups- confused, America-hating, racist radicals, and appeasers. Never do I want to see this silly shit in this forum.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I know black lives matter
Cut that shit out. You don't need to do that here. You don't need to qualify your remarks so some mob doesn't beat you. That phrase is used by two primary groups- confused, America-hating, racist radicals, and appeasers. Never do I want to see this silly shit in this forum.

I wasn't qualifying my remarks. It was a joke you missed.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It may have been you trying to be funny and failing in the process, but I haven't missed anything, and you will refrain from posting that shit in this forum, and that's the end of it.

posted Hide Post
What shit? Could you be a bit more specific? It should be obvious I don't sympathize with BLM so what shit?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Moderated status, seven days