New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thor Ragnarok Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted
Just returned from Thor Ragnarok. Fitting I was able to see it on Thorsday. I'm not one who's good at reviews and I don't want to spoil anything but I will saw this is nothing like the past Thor movies. It was a visual treat with a LOT of humor and plenty of plot. I likes this better than the previous Thor movies. Stick around for two scenes at the end. Willy Wonka gets a nod. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review, it is a movie I will have in my collection when it comes out on disc.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Totally agree 10X, saw it tonight and highly recommend if you like the Marvel Universe movies.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It’s was pretty hilarious

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I've been fairly disappointed with the first two Thor movies but have heard great things about this one. I'm taking my kids and all their friends tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funniest marvel movie yet. I liked it. Careful on the age of the kids. There is some suggestive humor. Ass-guard and luckily my kid didn’t catch mention of an “orgy”. Didn’t want to have to explain that one.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I laughed a lot watching this movie. It was worth seeing. Definitely different than the pervious Thors.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I really liked the film. The only thing lacking was the villain. Too one directional and unsympathetic. She was like a comet headed for Asgard. Just an unfeeling celestial body. Jeff Goldblum was fantastic.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Just returned from watching a few minutes ago. Very funny, too many zingers to count.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Very much enjoyed it

Spoiler alert

I was a little disappointed that Des and Stroy had damn near unlimited magazine capacity when finally put into action

And when they showed the close up on one of them firing, the dust cover is very clearly closed

Small thing only a gun dude would notice or care about....but that's me

In a proud Dad moment, my oldest son actually said audibly during the scene

"Oh come on, those are 30 round magazines"

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

In a proud Dad moment, my oldest son actually said audibly during the scene

"Oh come on, those are 30 round magazines"

My ten year old said the same thing!

We enjoyed the movie.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Saw it tonight. Enjoyed the movie and also enjoyed the almost constant laughs it got from the packed audience.

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Didn’t like it much. Very campy and the jokes were beyond corny. Maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 would laugh. Really liked the first Thor film, been downhill ever since. I think I’m done seeing Superhos at the theater. Will wait for discs in the future.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Just got back. It was great!

Generally not a fan of Thor, but I heard this one was good, so I took the chance. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was better than Thor 1 or 2 I thought. I really didn't care for Thor 2 at all. This was a long movie, but it was pretty good, they took a cue from Guardians and added a lot of humor

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
My first reactions were thinking how campy it's become but they made me laugh so hard I enjoyed it. I'm glad they didn't do so much camp in Captain America.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goldblum and Kork, best characters and lines.

Gotta admit, seeing Blanchett all blacked-out was rather hot, channeling Eva Green and her all-black dye-jobs.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Goldblum and Kork, best characters and lines.

Gotta admit, seeing Blanchett all blacked-out was rather hot, channeling Eva Green and her all-black dye-jobs.

I agree. "Another day, Another Doug"

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I loved it but really hate the arsehole who ruined the best line of the movie by putting it in the trailer.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it today and loved it. Breath of fresh air for the character. H's a fantastical character so it lends itself to being more lighthearted. Hard to do a dark, gritty and realistic movie with the god of thunder. They tried it with Superman and failed miserably.

The first Thor worked because it was a funny fish out of water story. The second movie failed because it took itself seriously.

It was very 80s, right down to the unlimited ammo cheat code being enabled. That was a very big 80s trope.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post