SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone following the Gina Carano saga? **Watch her un-cancelled episode tonight on Nat Geo with Bear Grylls!**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone following the Gina Carano saga? **Watch her un-cancelled episode tonight on Nat Geo with Bear Grylls!** Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
It appears she's being un-cancelled. Looks like her NatGeo episode with Bear Grylls will air on the 10th.

It also appears that that feminazi Kathleen Kennedy no longer has any say in the Star Wars Universe and talks are ongoing about bringing Gina back to SW.

Tony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If they are able to apologize and bring Carano back I will re-up my Disney plus.

I say that not because I think she is pivotal to story (I dig her character very much though) but because it needs to be known that their are penalties for doing the wrong things and rewards for the right things and I think the entire entertainment industry needs to start relearning this.

So they apologize and bring Gina back on board I will throw them some money. Now the question is what will Gina do? I know I would be pretty entrenched in a GFY mindset.

Kathleen Kennedy simply needs to go PERIOD from anything. She is toxic.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm. I wonder if, like Woke Coke, Didney Worl is seeing that actions have consequences.

I have read (here, I think) that the Falcon/Winter Soldier show lost a LOT of viewers immediately after they had the scene with the (white, of course) cop hassling (black) Falcon in a blatant blm/woke moment. I hope this kind of thing generates kickback which will force these idiots in hollywood to back off the lecturing/woke agenda nonsense.

Gina's role in Mando is not *pivotal,* per se, but she is an amazing character. For me, bringing her back would be a matter of principal more than anything else.

I loved the memes, though:

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There a couple you tube channels like "yellowflash" that post updates.

I canceled Disney + when they canceled Gina as well.

If she goes back it won't change my opinion of her nor will it cause me to re-up with Disney.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Our Amazon Prime sub will expire in another twelve days. We haven't decided on a replacement, but Disney is not high on the list.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'll wait until Kathleen Kennedy is gone. As long as her and her trash people doing The "High" Republic are out, Star Wars will never be safe.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I'll wait until Kathleen Kennedy is gone. As long as her and her trash people doing The "High" Republic are out, Star Wars will never be safe.

Which is why I will resub. I hope that will send a message about Kennedy and her decisions.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Our Amazon Prime sub will expire in another twelve days. We haven't decided on a replacement, but Disney is not high on the list.

Really neither does Netflix or Hulu.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

So they apologize and bring Gina back on board I will throw them some money. Now the question is what will Gina do? I know I would be pretty entrenched in a GFY mindset.

She isn't an A-list actor who has the luxury to pick and choose. I wouldn't blame her one bit if she took the gig and counted that a win. It would be brave for her to tell the Mouse to take a flying leap, but it would be a costly way to be brave. Plus, she might also think that remaining relevant and in the public eye would be a way to share her views with the world.

And I have been a Carano fan since American Gladiators and her fighting days, so I am happy to see her back just for myself. I hope it happens.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

HBO Max is a strong contender for replacement...otherwise, save your $
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

Indeed. Wait until she, the Lucas Story Group and her retinue of Force is Female lackeys are gone before even considering signing back up.
Disney recognizes her actions against Carano, was the tipping point of dissatisfied SW fans but also, the secondary effects of the Marvel franchise coming up short with WandaVision getting torpedoed mid-season and the cratering of Falcon & Winter Soldier.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I hope she’s back and I hope she accepts. What better way to show you won than to get back to it?

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I was glad to see Bear Grylls back her and that his show with her was 'back on'.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

She isn't an A-list actor who has the luxury to pick and choose. I wouldn't blame her one bit if she took the gig and counted that a win. It would be brave for her to tell the Mouse to take a flying leap, but it would be a costly way to be brave. Plus, she might also think that remaining relevant and in the public eye would be a way to share her views with the world.

And I have been a Carano fan since American Gladiators and her fighting days, so I am happy to see her back just for myself. I hope it happens.

Ben Shaprio and Jeremy Boring of The Daily Wire are trying to build their own conservative news/entertainment/products ecosystem, including movies, and they've partnered with Carano to make a movie. Carano may find herself in a new quandary. Maybe this is tin-foil stuff, but it's possible one motivation to bring her back into the Disney fold is an attempt to undermine Shapiro and Boring.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Ben Shaprio and Jeremy Boring of The Daily Wire are trying to build their own conservative news/entertainment/products ecosystem, including movies, and they've partnered with Carano to make a movie. Carano may find herself in a new quandary. Maybe this is tin-foil stuff, but it's possible one motivation to bring her back into the Disney fold is an attempt to undermine Shapiro and Boring.

Given how petty Hollywood can be and how its an industry built upon impressions, popularity and vanity, I would not be surprised if whatever contract they put in front of her, has a stipulation that she can't work or, do any side projects for X-studios or, companies.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i wish her the best

love to see her take a stand for what's right

great looking woman too

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was impressed when she first opened the micro Uzi stock and leaned into it before firing it. The first actress I ever saw that seemed to understand recoil management and burst control.

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
She's hands-down my favorite actress. Period! I'm happy to see her prevailing.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hulu has "Last Man Standing". The wife and I really enjoy that one.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Reruns here on a local station at least every weekday.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Reruns here on a local station at least every weekday.
Ew, commercials. Razz

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post