SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite actor playing in a Comedy
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite actor playing in a Comedy Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Peter Sellers, John Cleese and Kevin Klein.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
lots of good ones out there.

John Candy, Will Farrell, Chris Farley, Eddie Murphy are some favorites...haven't seen mentioned Adam Sandler or Kurt Russell (think Overboard and Big Trouble in Little China)

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
More TV than movies, but how about Tim Allen?

I don't know, Galaxy Quest was pretty awesome.

Yes, it was. Tony Shalub and Alan Rickman were also a scream. Unfortunate that Rickman did get more comedy roles before he passed away. He was outstanding in Bottleshock as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jigray3,

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Bob Newhart. Master of deadpan delivery.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Robert Mandan and Richard Mulligan in SOAP

just about anything Monty Python, Fawlty Towers

Benny Hill

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Tim Conway

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
not sure if he's been mentioned but I like Jason Bateman's career revival as more of a comic actor.

I also think Martin Short is one of the funniest human beings on the planet.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
There are so many, but my wife and I have probably literally laughed out loud, as in running out of breath laughing, at more Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler movies than any others.

For me it was Ben Stiller and Robert Deniro in ‘Meet the Parents’. I started laughing so hard during the dinner scene that I couldn’t catch breath and was gasping for air. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Bob Newhart. Master of deadpan delivery.

Agreed. I didn’t care for him at first, but once you “got” his comedy style, he was hilarious.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post