SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blade Runner 2049 Trailer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blade Runner 2049 Trailer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just saw it. Excellent movie.

Posts: 4578 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Well it was supposed to be family night at the movies. The plan was to see, "It" I wasn't thrilled but our daughter wanted to see it. I made the comment to the wife at the box office that I didn't realize it was opening weekend for Bladerunner. Her response, "If you want to go see it and preview if it's ok for our daughter to see it, go for it." I didn't even bother to ask, "Are you sure?"

I was really impressed with the movie, much more than the first. Agree with the advice see it on the biggest screen possible, it is visually stunning. I like the original but never did understand the cult following it garnered. I could definitely understand this one having a cult following.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Phenomenal

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s a masterpiece. It is not an action movie. It’s a drama. A sci-fi/drama, and it is very much noir. The cinematography was simply stunning. Never seen anything like it. Roger Deakins is a genius. See the list of films he has shot below in the link. There are so many classic films that he’s shot, it is pointless to list them all.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005683/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr20

I do think it will challenge a lot of people. The younger crowd of millennials probably hasn’t even seen the original. There will be others who walk in expecting a Transformers film, even though this sequel is so similar to the original, that it is really mind blowing in the continuance. I’ve seen it twice now, once in 2D (Do not see it in 2D), and once in XD 3D with 11.1 sound. Night and day difference. This has to be seen on the big screen, with the good sound, and there are enough scenes in 3D to warrant putting the glasses on.

Early box office receipts are not good, and that is a shame. We get an intelligent sci fi noir drama, more rich than any cinematography I’ve seen in many many years, and I want to see more films like this made. I can hear the shallow moaning the 2:45 run time. What a film. Perhaps the word of mouth will get asses in seats. I would be royally pissed off if I missed seeing this in the theater. Even a nice home surround sound projector or flat screen setup will not do this film justice. It is the best sci fi film I’ve seen since the Matrix. Villeneuve, and Deakins really outdid themselves. Best sequel I’ve ever seen. Deakins will surely earn his first Oscar, finally. This film will be his 14th nomination. Oh and my heart melts for mackenzie davis. She is going to be a star.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
It was very good. As already mentioned, it was beautiful to see. Looking at the landscape of LA, I had the sense of a music box slowly winding down. Loved seeing the old Tyrell place, lights off. Wallace's place is pretty cool too, if surreal.

The sound was great as well.

Loved the story, though I had a few quibbles. Would have loved to known more about the Blackout and those guys in the scrapyard. I also hope they do a "making of" special feature for the bluray.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Loved the story, though I had a few quibbles. Would have loved to known more about the Blackout and those guys in the scrapyard. I also hope they do a "making of" special feature for the bluray.

I think this might explain a little bit about that:

Posts: 4153 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw it last night with my wife on a BIG screen and Dolby sound. The visuals were amazing. Simply incredible. Blew me away. Too much noise though, the Dobly seemed over-cranked and almost crackly at times.

Story was pretty well constructed too. Gosling did a fine job. I wasn't sure he would. Dialogue got a little stilted. Lt. Joshi was awesome.

Viewing-wise, the 100' tall interactive hologram, to me, was the most captivating from a sci-fi point of view.

I sincerely hope it does well commercially. There is no doubt it will critically. Some quibbles will follow eventually, but all in all. It pretty much lived up to my insanely high bar.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

I think this might explain a little bit about that:

Indeed it does, thanks! I had seen the Nexus Dawn one, didn't realize there were others.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Batty67:
Saw it last night with my wife on a BIG screen and Dolby sound. The visuals were amazing. Simply incredible. Blew me away. Too much noise though, the Dobly seemed over-cranked and almost crackly at times.

QUOTE]
My theatre had the sound a little loud at times too. I thought it was just the theatre I was in. I guess they went for the extra epic.

Posts: 4578 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I saw it Thursday night, in an AMC Dolby theater, it was absolutely awesome. I've got a ticket for 3D XD 11.1 on monday I'll report back with which is better.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I usually don't go 3D but, do I splurge and watch the Real-D 3D ?

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I see it IMAX 2D so curious about the 3D. Will try and go this week to compare

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
OK, I usually don't go 3D but, do I splurge and watch the Real-D 3D ?

Yes. Worth every cent. Completely different cinematic experience. Buy once, cry once.

Posts: 12616 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Saw it in XD 2D with 11.1 sound. I'm not a huge fan of 3D. It was indeed a visually stunning movie. It was also an extremely good movie from any/all standpoints.

I am in the "Blade Runner didn't need a sequel" crowd, and I still am. However, this sequel is worthy of the original in all ways.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Saw it in an IMAX here locally. Stunning is all I can say.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw in in XD 11.1, I'll do 3D next weekend. Not sure if the speakers were tuned correctly or, the screen wasn't mounted correctly but, then the heavy base was hitting, the screen would shake/giggle.

Anyways, besides a visual and audio treat, the storyline may be way too deep for most watchers.

Did anyone notice the hooker with the pinkish hair, had a strong resemblance to Darryl Hannah? Not that it had any connection to the story but, just sayin'.

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Just got back from my first viewing.
2D.
Absolutely one of the best 'big' films I've seen in the past decade.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Underwhelmed. Good graphics, interesting sets/effects.

I am not a student of film, but I know when I am checking my watch well before the movie is half over that there is something amiss.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or does it seem that this is 13 year old’s version of the future?

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Underwhelmed. Good graphics, interesting sets/effects.

I am not a student of film, but I know when I am checking my watch well before the movie is half over that there is something amiss.

Different strokes. I was checking my watch in astonishment that we were 50% in only. I felt like I was robbing them. I am a student of film and this one will be in the history of it. It will never be everything for everybody.