SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blade Runner 2049 Trailer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blade Runner 2049 Trailer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That replica is awesome, the detail is amazing. I was in my early teens when I saw the movie and that gun blew my mind. For the longest time I wanted a replica really bad but no one made any. Now that I know more about guns I wish that it had been made in a more realistic way. What's with the bolt action mechanism? It can't even be turned and opened, so what could it be for? If they had just left the bolt off, I could imagine it being a pistol that could fire a mini explosive round from the top barrel.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
Am I the only one who thinks Ryan Gosling is a sissy and not cut out to play the lead in action movies?

If I hadn't seen him in Drive, I'd probably agree with you. The sense I'm getting is he's closer to a chameleon and tailors his style to the role instead of Matt Damon showing up to play Matt Damon.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Seen this trailer like 5 times already. I also own a used-to-be high end Blade Runner blaster I got in 2000 or so. I also have two framed movie posters. So, yeah, it is my favorite movie bar none.

Here is a link to a 9-minute breakdown of the trailer from the UK. And it has slows down several shots that go by so fast that I did not notice them in the normal-speed trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...E0wOVo#t=512.3497973

October...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think Gosling can do it.

I just am not sure this movie should have been made. Make some new and different.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more trailers recently released:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZOaI_Fn5o4

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsjZgu7T2U

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or does the theme music seem sort of phony-Blade-Runner-like without it actually being Blade Runner music?

Sort of like how the music in Rogue One was vaguely Star Wars-ish?

Were they not able to get Vangelis to do the music for the sequel?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Vangelis is retired and has said he's never scoring another movie again. That and Denis Villeneuve has a composer he uses for his films, but I don't know if he's scoring the trailers.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Not watching any more trailers! Looking forward to this one more than any film in recent memory so want to be 100% surprised at the viewing. Will definitely buy advanced screening tickets.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Never saw the first one

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Looks great to me.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Never saw the first one

OMG,,,

how can this be? Eek

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
How can you improve upon the original. How can you do better than this:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die."

I just don't believe it can be done.

LV, get help. Get help now.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Although I am looking forward to seeing this I’m also apprehensive. There’s little chance of it being better than the original and a good chance it will be much worse. I just hope they don’t ruin Blade Runner for me.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I saw the trailer in the theater before Dunkirk.

It doesn't seem like its going to have the same vibe or feel as the original Blade Runner to me.

I really hope they don't ruin this one, but I'm not holding my breath, I think I'll hate this in the same way I hated how Force Awakens ruined Star Wars for me.

This needed to be made around 1990-1995 at the latest. NOT 2017.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
not sure how a sequel, prequel or whatever is going to ruin the original for anyone....

if 2049 sucks, so be it, if it is a decent movie that is even better,

I also doubt that it will be as good as the original, but then again it has to go up against a damn good movie that has 30+ years of introspection, etc etc etc, it will have to be really really (and maybe add another really to that!) good to make muster

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I love parts of the original Blade Runner (soundtrack, certain scenes), but don't love the film as a whole.

That said, I don't expect much from this one.

quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
Am I the only one who thinks Ryan Gosling is a sissy and not cut out to play the lead in action movies?

I think Drive showed this isn't true.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
We're getting closer to the premier. Something interesting is we're getting some short films to fill in the intervening time. The first one is "2036: Nexus Dawn."

Something that is really starting to bug me about more of these scenes from the movie is why is the future so clean? While mind blowing in scope, one of the key things about the original is how much of a shithole the world is. Every shot in this movie looks clean and sterile with the lights turned down. Am I the only one that notices this, or am I the only one bothered (both answers can be true)?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Blade Runner is a great movie, but let's not pretend it doesn't have it's faults. It is a slow moving movie and it isn't exciting. It's a movie that relies on subtext and interpretation for its greatness.

Those don't sound like faults to me. Not every movie has to be non-stop action and excitement. I like movies that rely on subtext and interpretation. Who wants to be hit over the head with every point a director/scriptwriter wants to make?

I'll be open-minded about this sequel. But I have doubts about sequels in general.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Leto playing villain and Gosling on the other side.....I have a feeling this is going to really blow some minds and exceed expectations.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I like movies that rely on subtext and interpretation. Who wants to be hit over the head with every point a director/scriptwriter wants to make?

When you can make a movie like 2001, The Shining, or Mullholland Dr. on the first attempt, that's fine. When it takes you FIVE tries to get the movie right and when you have fans picking and choosing which parts they liked from the different cuts for 20 years with some radically different plot points, you start losing that argument.