DanH
Blade Runner 2049 Trailer

May 08, 2017, 01:42 PM
xmod
I'm really looking forward to this.

I ordered a replica 2049 blaster.
May 08, 2017, 01:48 PM
bald1
Call me a cynic if you must but I really don't see how they can improve upon the Original. That said I'll no doubt buy the DVD.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
May 08, 2017, 02:02 PM
AllenInAR
It looks more like an action flick. But yeah, I'll buy whatever collector's steelbook director special edition box they crank out. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
May 08, 2017, 02:11 PM
PASig
I have a sinking feeling this may be a turd and ruin the legacy of Blade Runner.

May 08, 2017, 02:37 PM
stzd8
why do I have a shit feeling that Harrison Ford might kill his character on this one too
May 08, 2017, 02:38 PM
sigspecops
The original is one of my favorite movies but I'm not feeling good about the sequel.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
May 08, 2017, 03:26 PM
DanH
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I have a sinking feeling this may be a turd and ruin the legacy of Blade Runner.

How is it going to ruin the "legacy" of Blade Runner? By that logic, Stanley Kubrick's 2001 is shamed, ruined, and just a shell of its former self because 2010 is just a decent movie and could not match the quasi-religious experience of 2001.

Something else worth mentioning is Blade Runner's original trailer:

I know after 5 different cuts of the movie, I never got that action/adventure movie they were promoting. If I seem aggressive or insulting towards people, I apologize in advance. Blade Runner is a great movie, but let's not pretend it doesn't have it's faults. It is a slow moving movie and it isn't exciting. It's a movie that relies on subtext and interpretation for its greatness.

Right now, we're getting introduced to the world 30 years later. It looks like the replicants have gotten even more advanced, and there also seems to be a lot less people around. There's a lot of questions, but very few answers in regards to plot. It's quite refreshing compared to everything else out there.
May 08, 2017, 07:04 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
It looks more like an action flick. But yeah, I'll buy whatever collector's steelbook director special edition box they crank out. Big Grin

this,

I have the collectors box thingy for the original Cool

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

May 08, 2017, 07:05 PM
lyman
and,,,,,,,

didn't we have a post on this a while back??

May 09, 2017, 08:40 AM
DanH
Yeah, 5 months ago.
May 09, 2017, 09:12 AM
lyman
WOW, time flies,

either way, I will be in line the first week (maybe first day depending on schedule) to see this on the big screen

quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Yeah, 5 months ago.

May 09, 2017, 03:55 PM
sincityboy
I like the way they've updated the main theme music in the trailer.
May 09, 2017, 04:36 PM
bald1
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:

I ordered a replica 2049 blaster.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
May 09, 2017, 04:42 PM
xmod
^^ That's it. Big bucks.
May 09, 2017, 07:58 PM
AllenInAR
Very cool! Metal? Plastic? Pricey?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
May 09, 2017, 08:03 PM
xmod
Metal and plastic.
$800 or $900.
Check hollywood collectibles website.
May 09, 2017, 08:05 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Call me a cynic if you must but I really don't see how they can improve upon the Original. That said I'll no doubt buy the DVD.

That is my analysis.

Make a NEW movie.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 09, 2017, 08:08 PM
Prefontaine
Looks excellent. The cast is absolutely insane. Jared Leto is on a role right now. Won an Oscar after getting his shit together and is taking the great roles now. Could have been the best Joker if not for the scene cuts in Suicide Squad. Robin Wright is excellent, Olmos will be back in this one with Ford, Mackenzie Davis, Lennie James, all directed by Denis Villeneuve who directed Sicario, and the Arrival which I thought was excellently directed. This trailer just moved this to #1 for the year for me. Could be the best sci-fi thriller since the Matrix.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
May 09, 2017, 09:16 PM
scot818
Am I the only one who thinks Ryan Gosling is a sissy and not cut out to play the lead in action movies?