SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick 2 - *** SPOILERS and discussion ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick 2 - *** SPOILERS and discussion *** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Watched JW2 last night and then watched JW on Syfy when I got home. Enjoyed both a ton. What I would like to see next would be the story of the impossible task and how he became known as

"Baba Yayga".

-TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
The 1911 press check was cool!

I've seen the press check style before, but I can't put my finger on where.

The Oracle's guardian, Seraph, does it in the third Matrix movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m-ksJxJ6tA

Ah that I why I couldn't remember it, I blocked the very idea that The Matrix had sequels from my memory.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TVzombie:
Watched JW2 last night and then watched JW on Syfy when I got home. Enjoyed both a ton. What I would like to see next would be the story of the impossible task and how he became known as

"Baba Yayga".

-TVz

Actually a prequel I probably wouldn't hate for once. Michael Nyquist killed it in JW so we could get him back and it would make for a really good flick I think. And it could easily avoid everyone being an assassin. Shit we'd get Willem Dafoe back too.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Solid B+. Doesn't have the first one's color, soundtrack, feel, or perfect pacing, but not all sequels can be "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Terminator 2."

Ruby Rose and Lawrence Fishburne were throwaway characters and poorly cast. Rose was just BORING and completely UNCONVINCING. Morpheus was not needed in the film at all. Common was okay.

All that said, Officer Jimmy, Winston, Charon the hotel manager...all perfect reprisal roles.
The audience for my movie was sold out and loved the movie. Very interactive.

Here's what makes the movie worth $9.50: THE M4 BENELLI SHOTGUN SCENE IN THE TUNNEL!!!

Greatest firearms sequence in cinema history. MUST WATCH.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, someone liked the shotgun...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Despite the fact that I feel that including the shotgun was a mistake from a tactical perspective, I do think Reeves did a fantastic job with the shotgun. I didn't see if he was quad loading, or twin loading. But it was probably the most competent use of guns I've seen outside a Michael Mann movie

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, Baba Yaga is NOT Russian for boogeyman. It is actually a she, a grim witch on bony legs. So says my Russian wife. So JW is not Baba Yaga, but my mother-in-law is.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Went and saw it a 2nd time tonight. A few thoughts:

- The cigar at the beginning was an Arturo Fuente God of Fire. I laughed to myself because they must have re-shot scenes a number of times as the length of the cigar kept varying between shots.

- I don't think we've seen the last of the Cassian (the black bodyguard).

- The Subway car fight between Wick and Cassian was awesome, did anyone else notice that none of the passengers were recording the fight on their phones? That actually distracted me because "everyone" records "everything" on their phone.

- I knew I should have bought a Benelli instead of that damn Keltec

- They never really got into the fake coins being produced at the beginning of the movie

- My personal opinion, but I thought there was too much gun play. John Wick (the original) was a somewhat believable action movie. This one, not so much.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
- They never really got into the fake coins being produced at the beginning of the movie

I am beginning to doubt if they were fake......I am beginning to think Winston is the power behind the whole set up...."he who controls the coins, controls the kingdom" type of thing (plus that his code for Accounts Payable is basically 1), putting the rules & codes in place along with a High Table to bring order and stability to chaotic criminal enterprises.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, we should have seen the last of Cassian. The aorta is under a lot of pressure, remember blood pressure? and when it is punctured or especially torn, it's going to continue to tear. So not pulling the knife out may have given him another 20 seconds of life.
But yeah, I think he'll be back. Maybe the mute, too. Hey, we didn't see her expire.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
I went and saw JW2 tonight with my dad and my brother. Thought it was great and the gunplay was really well done.

One thing I noticed about the gold coins Winston had on the deck. The box they were in were the same types of boxes that were being removed from the yellow taxicabs in the chop shop.

They never really addressed the possible tie in......just left it a plot hole.

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
BTW, Baba Yaga is NOT Russian for boogeyman. It is actually a she, a grim witch on bony legs. So says my Russian wife. So JW is not Baba Yaga, but my mother-in-law is.

"Well John wasn't exactly the Boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the fucking Boogeyman."

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
- The Subway car fight between Wick and Cassian was awesome, did anyone else notice that none of the passengers were recording the fight on their phones? That actually distracted me because "everyone" records "everything" on their phone.

In a world where there are assassins on every corner, and rampant mafia presence maybe they know to mind their own business?

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Maybe the mute, too. Hey, we didn't see her expire.

Actually, we did see her die.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really? I thought she was with it. But I defer

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Heres why the gun play is so good. Keanu is a champion shooter. Sorry no embed. Do the guns look familiar? Watch that tactical reload of the benelli.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=PEyxAjseuMI

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Heres why the gun play is so good. Keanu is a champion shooter. Sorry no embed. Do the guns look familiar? Watch that tactical reload of the benelli.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=PEyxAjseuMI

Practicing at Taran's range doesn't turn you into a champion shooter. Also that is an ejection port load using a matchsaver.

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

posted Hide Post
I thought is was overall a decent flick. I did like the original better.

John Wick: The Three Gun assassin. Someone is already designing event stages based on the movie or maybe Taran Butler already did. either way Taran's training is evident in the film, and you have to respect both Butler and Reeves for it.

John Wick is also apparently a frustrated former BJJ competitor. For some reason he spends way too much time on the ground for someone being chased.

Ruby Rose, I'm sorry, but I wanted Wick to just pick her up and throw her out the window or bounce her head against the wall until she stopped twitching. I won't say "_unt Punt" but that would have been a fitting way of dealing with her. She was more annoying than menacing. Cassian was/would have been a better nemesis.
If you want a female nemis for Wick, go get Brianne of Tarth.

Speaking of Cassian, "body armor is for sissies"? You would think he would have though to wear a vest with a plate given the shootout and wrestling match in Rome. That whole aorta deal was an interesting plot device, but he probably would have bled out internally before EMS got there. I lost a patient whose aorta got in the way of a small bullet and she was done before I got on scene from 2 blocks away (YMMV). I kind of hope he returns for the sequel.

Yes, I get its a movie. I hope the sequel is closer to original.

I did like the 7 million dollars gets you 7 bullets routine.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Saw it late last night. I like it a lot.

I also think we'll see Cassian (Common) again. The Lawrence Fishburn dialog about keeping pressure on his neck and living, pretty much set that up.

I was sad to see the HK P30L go away. Nit picky, but it sure looked like the Kimber mag was an 8 round tac mag. I could be wrong. It was late and I was a couple beers in. Wouldn't even have caught it if they hadn't made it "7 round capacity and 1 round for every million".

During the Kimber scene, I got a kick out of some dude in the theater say to whomever they were with "I hope they polished that feed ramp".

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it last night. My wife slept through parts of it. I thought it was as good as the first JW. I liked that he did more hand to hand in this one, it seems to be more realistic when he ran out of ammo vs unlimited ammo shoot fest.
And how he kept going with the bad guys weapons.

I look forward to the next one, and I'm curious where he will get support from now that he is excommunicado.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post